slide & jacks hydraulic problem

jmditrich

BIGHORN 3385RL 2011-----Slides and Jacks will not operate in one operation. It is as if it has an overload switch that shuts it down and I have to wait 4 to 8 seconds and continue the operation. It seems to be getting worse and I would appreciate any knowledge out there. I am not experienced in hydrolics. This may happen 4 times just raising the jacks. My fluid level is OK.
Duke Ditrich dukedit@gmail.com Cell 503-313-4724

jimtoo

Re: slide & jacks hydrolic problem

Hi jmditrich,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

It sounds like you may have a weak breaker. Look by the battery and you will see several small silver breakers, usually the terminals are covered with red rubber insulators. If you trace your wiring from the outside switch and pump you will find the breaker. I think you can buy them locally at auto parts stores. If you can you might check the current draw just to be sure your not trying to pull to much current.

Enjoy the forum and let us know what you find.

Jim M

Gizzy

Hi jmditrich,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

It sounds like you may have a weak breaker. Look by the battery and you will see several small silver breakers, usually the terminals are covered with red rubber insulators. If you trace your wiring from the outside switch and pump you will find the breaker. I think you can buy them locally at auto parts stores. If you can you might check the current draw just to be sure your not trying to pull to much current.

Enjoy the forum and let us know what you find.

Jim M

I did not have any luck finding it at an auto parts store,but did eventually get one at a marine repair shop. Apparently they are common on boats. Be sure to take the bad one with you to compare. There are many different styles, and you will need one that will fit back into the bar.

jmditrich

thanks I found the breakers location I have to remove and find the replacements thanks again

MonsterRide

I'm having the same problem. Is this the breaker?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1423423152.210828.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1423423152.210828.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 49

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
That's the style, and for your hydraulic system it should be 50 amp.
Did you trace the red wire from the hydraulic trombeta to identify correct breaker?

Peace
Dave

Wharton

A known problem on our 2010 BH was the breaker needed to be 80 amp. Why they didn't install an 80amp when even Lipert said it needed an 80 amp is beyond me. Since putting in the 80 amp all has been well.

MonsterRide

I followed the wires. If these things are cheap, I'll buy both. If I run into problems with the 50, then I'll try the 80.

Thanks everyone!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The 50 amp breaker is around $10.
The 80 amp will be a bit more and may require some extra work as the design of the breaker is diffrent.

Peace
Dave

MonsterRide

I couldn't find an 80 amp, so I replaced it with the 50. The slide outs worked perfectly - no stalling. Regardless of amperage size, at least I know the problem.

Thanks everyone for your expertise!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk