Plan to purchase Rushmore or a Key Largo in 2014 (Need Advise)

lwall

I am planning on purchasing a Rushmore or Key Largo in 2014 and I'm beginning the process now. I'm interested in feedback on both of these models from owners and what options you feel you would like to have. I would also like to know if the factory allows for custom orders for items I have listed below. My wife and I are also interested in a factory tour if they are available to prospective buyers.

The custom orders amenities we would be interested in:

1. Electric surface cook top
2. No oven/cabinet space option
3. pre-wired for 4 camera exterior security system
4. pre-wired backup camera system
5. DrainMaster sewer system with hose storage bay and 3" electric valves
6. 3" grey water outlet and valve
7. 110v outlet in basement storage (for small outside refrigerator mounted on slide out)
8. Propane valve outlet in basement storage (for BBQ mounted on slide out or propane fire pit hose connection)
9. Residential style refrigerator in place of 4 door 3way refrigerator
10. 110v inverter system
11. Built-in surge protection

The 2013 edition of these models are outstanding and the amenities like the electric cord reel, safe, new cabinetry materials, remote control, outside TV are all excellent but what I would also like to know is when does the factory release what will be new for next years model.

Thank you,

Lydell Wall

jbeletti

Hi Lydell,

Thanks for considering Heartland. I can't say with certainty, but here's my sense of what Heartland may be able to do from your list...

Not at this time - perhaps down the road:
1. Electric surface cook top
9. Residential style refrigerator in place of 4 door 3way refrigerator
10. 110v inverter system

Yes - this is currently an option:
2. No oven/cabinet space option
7. 110v outlet in basement storage (for small outside refrigerator mounted on slide out)
*11. Built-in surge protection

No - We don't do this extensive of camera wiring - though it can be done by a competent dealer
3. pre-wired for 4 camera exterior security system
4. pre-wired backup camera system

Partial DIY - an a No:
You can add a modified DrainMaster system on your own (call Doug Swarts - the Mfr).
Adding electric valves is something Heartland does not do. Adding them on your own - maybe...
5. DrainMaster sewer system with hose storage bay and 3" electric valves

No:
We use a 3" to 1.5" adapter at the tank, then 1.5" out to the valve and onto the combining point with the 3" black near end of the line.
6. 3" grey water outlet and valve

NO - DIY:
We generally do not do this on Landmark. But you can do this after deilvery.
8. Propane valve outlet in basement storage (for BBQ mounted on slide out or propane fire pit hose connection)

* With the Full-Timers package, we offer some level of surge protection. It's built into the TRC AC-Power Transfer Switch. Bear in mind, this is not a full EMS (Electrical Management System).

travlingman

It is my understanding from the dealer I am talking to that a residential fridge is getting ready to happen. I heard that the Grand Canyon would get them first and if all goes well by fall it could be offered in all models.

lwall

Thank you Jim,

These amenities are not deal killers at all, they would be nice but like you mentioned most can be done after the fact.

best regards,

Lydell Wall