2013 Goshen Rally Leisure Time Activities

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
The Leisure Time Activities (crafts, hobbies etc.) committee (Nancy Beletti and Kelly Barnett) is seeking rally attendees who are interested in sharing their Leisure Time Activity with others. We're looking for demonstrations, presentations, hands-on how-tos of activities you do in your leisure time that you feel others may have an interest in.

Please contact me, Kelly Barnett, via email at 2psnapod1@gmail.com. I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

LINK TO LTA SCHEDULE - CLICK HERE

Last edited by a moderator:

2psnapod1

Maybe you're not sure of what Leisure Time Activities I'm referring to? A Leisure Time Activity (LTA) would be anything you enjoy doing in your spare time: Knitting, crocheting, sewing, woodworking, metal working, whittling, cooking/baking, decoupage, jewelry making, flower arranging, oil/water painting, interior design, quilting, scrapbooking, reading (book swap?) the list is endless.

Perhaps you have several finished projects and wouldn't mind showing them off...we'd love to see your work!

Maybe you know of a really cute beaded bracelet that we could all learn to make? Or you can show us how to make a crocheted potholder? You make your own Christmas ornaments? Your own candles?? We'd love for you to show us how!!

Don't be shy...step right up...you're among friends and family. I'll do my best to schedule you with a time that's convenient for you and make you as comfortable as possible!

jbeletti

Kelly has completed the Leisure Time Activities (LTA) schedule (subject to change).

Please click the link at the bottom of post #1 of this thread to review the schedule. A final-version of the LTA schedule will be included in your rally packets.

Thanks Kelly for coordinating with all that wanted to present. Thank you to all our presenters for your willingness to share your leisure time activities with others.

Some of our LTA presenters will be selling items in the Heartland Marketplace. Nancy has worked up the LTA Vending schedule. This schedule will be posted here shortly.

2psnapod1

First off let me thank all of our talented presenters for donating their time to share their talents with others. Each and every one did a fantastic job sharing/teaching/communicating with those that attended their presentations.

We had a total of 20 presentations over 4 days with 12 presenters.

We had a great turn out for every presentation except Geocaching, which had no attendees at all. :confused:

The Wake Up Work Out started out slow with 9 attendees on Tuesday but grew to 23 during the week.

The crafting demos (Fabric Basket, Kleenex Holder, Loom Knitting, Yarn Embellishment classes ranged from 15 to 28 participants and the make and take classes (Bracelet & Greeting Cards) sold out of all the kits they had prepared!

We had 2 more male dominated presentations - Reloading & Wood Turning - and both had good attendance and favorable reviews.

The Convection Oven class had a whopping 78 participants...both men and women!

Babies Wrapped in Love was a HUGE success with 50 or so attendees and over 500 items donated!

The Craft Share had a great turnout with people bringing all sorts of different projects to share from quilting to viking knitting, to jewelry making.

Blog Writing also had a good turnout with about 25 attendees.

We had several requests for various presentations in the future: Jewelry Hanger, CD Fish Hanging, Line Dancing Class, One Stroke Painting, 'Pimp Your T-shirt', an evening of crafting w/others.

Lots to think about before the next rally. If you're interested in sharing your Leisure Time Activity or have a request please let me know. I'd love to hear from you!

I'm adding some pictures of some of the LTA presentations for everyone to enjoy!
IMG_0006.jpg IMG_0014.jpg IMG_0003.jpg IMG_0017.jpg IMG_0037.jpg IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg IMG_0006.jpg IMG_0019.jpg

danemayer

Kelly,

It was great seeing the year to year growth in Leisure Time Activities and how it's stayed well organized even as it's grown. I know Ann really appreciated your support and the additional focus on LTA this year.

dieselsweetheart

Congratulations on the growth of LTA...when we attended our first national rally in 2009, there was not much for the ladies to do while the menfolk attended seminars. We made that suggestion right after to JB that the ladies needed something to do too and it has really taken off. Great ideas for next time and I'm sure we'll see additional growth over the next few national rallies! Great work Kelly! KUDOS!

2psnapod1

My apologies to both Dan & Cheryl and I never saw either of your posts! Thank you both for the compliments. I had such a good time and look forward to doing it all again this year!

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Kelly , I do believe you just answered your old 2013 post......Ken