ATF: Landmark - mounting Satellite on roof

I have a 2012 Land mark Key Largo. I'm considering having a Mini Max stationary Winegard Satellite on the roof. My concern is the height. The antenna is on the high part of the roof and I know if the dish was placed there it would cause a problem because it is to high. the height is 15.6". do you have any sugestions?

jnbhobe

Yep, get a tripod and a dish and set it up beside the rig if you can get thru the trees if not move it. You can't do that if its mounted to the roof.

wildwolfproducts

My dish is mounted on the front section of the top.Mine is a Winegard Traveler and is below the level of the front AC. Can get you a pic tomorrow if you want to see where its mounted. Also wires for it runs back and comes through the top right above the back speaker in the ceiling. First one when walking in the bedroom.

But I have seen the one your talking about mounted. But it was about mid was of the unit. Around where the Vent in the ceiling is for the Kitchen ceiling.

Pete

millenma

Sir could I get a picture of your satellite installed on your roof. I just purchase a winegaurd traveler will get it Monday.

Moondogy

HI GuysI have an '11 Landmark Grand Canyon ....... Im putting the New SWM-3 Traveler Satellite, on the roof next month -but I Forgot where to mount it-the sticker must have fell off....I've been trying to get a location from Heartland.... also there is a pinkish and white wire next to the RG-6 coax cables in the ceiling above the speaker on the bedroom...like an extension cord wire 2 stranded....with the cables (no connector on it)but no one knows what it is and where it goes....id like to know where it goes....I understand heartland didn't install power or feed wires for satellite till July of '11 but this wire is thick for a data line....and i'd just like to know where it goes from the ceiling AND where does the Satellite Mount on the roof??? thanks for any help---
Moondogy

jimtoo

Hi Moondogy,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Hopefully some of our other members will jump in soon with an answer for you.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M