Options to Purchase on 3800 or 4000

rbledsoe

My wife and I are looking at purchasing a cyclone toy hauler. We have narrowed our choices down to the 3800 or the new 4000. After looking at some of the options i have a few questions.

What does the canadian artic package lower the R values of the insulation to compared to the normal R values that are standard.

Second Question- I love the idea of the 6pt auto level system that is an option. It seems this would really work well especially when setting up after dark. I was always taught to level a trailer by the wheels and not by the frame for if you leveled a trailer by the frame it could harm the frame and the body causing cracks for water leaks and other issues. Does this auto level system place pressure of the frame and body to cause long term damage.

Thanks for the help

danemayer

Hi rbledsoe,

Let me offer a belated welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. You probably know by now that there's a lot of useful information here along with a great group of friendly and helpful people.

I don't think you could say that the Arctic Package changes the R values overall in that it adds insulation (R-14 I think) in places that have none. Or maybe you could say that it goes from R-0 to R-14 in those areas - the front cap in particular. On Landmarks, it's also added to the rear cap - that might not apply to a Cyclone. In addition to the extra insulation in select places, it includes holding tank heat pads (110V) and insulated, heated main water line (12V). If there's anything I've missed, hopefully AJ from the Brand Team will jump in.

The Lippert auto-leveling systems (beginning with 4 point) have been out for about 3 years. The jacks are attached to the frame, but Lippert, the frame manufacturer designed it that way. If there were problems with damage to the frame or structure, I think this forum and others would have been flooded with reports. Since that hasn't happened, I'll guess that Lippert's engineers knew what they were doing.

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
The Canadian Artic package simply adds more insulation to the unit. The Radiant Technology insulation increases the R-values by an additional R-38. We put this on top of the insulation that is already there. As far as the 6-point leveling goes, it is a great option that is becoming VERY popular. It is user friendly and makes set up a breeze. You do not have to worry about any additional stress on the frame. It is specifically designed to work with the framing that is used (one of the main reason they use 6 points instead of 4 to distribute the weight more evenly.

rbledsoe

Thanks for the clarrification on these options. If we ordered a unit can we choose which awning manufacturer to go with or is it only one certain awning and changes couldn't be made. I really like the dometic 9100 power awning compared to the carefree of colorado power awning and would rather have the dometic if we can choose that. Thanks

srgt30

The awning on my 3800 is the carefree and is probably the only thing I would do over on the unit. It goes out straight and flat and provides very little shade, certainly nothing compared to friends that we camp with.

AJJONES

We only use the Carefree awning now, however it does have the LED lights on the end of it.

Bksvo

You can pull down on the arms and tighten the tension nut to get pitch on the awning. They are pretty high, so you need a step stool or something to stand on to do it, and then, of course, you need to loosen them again to put them away.

rbledsoe

AJ,
If we wanted to order a unit without the front cap and lower trim on the unit being painted black and instead painted white is this possible. Also can we order the unit with different name brand tires. thanks

AJJONES

I just talked with my purchasing dept and if you put in a special order we could get you the white cap and skirts. You can also upgrade to the Goodyear Tires from the factory as well on an ordered out unit.

AJJONES

Yes, only a $200 deviation fee for the white parts, the tires are pretty expensive because they are a much higher load cappasity G rated tire and you need to get with your dealer for that price.