We have 99% of a deal.

oscar

Some minor dirty little technical (read financial) stuff to finish, but in principle we just bought a 2013 Cyclone 4100 King.......

The dark grey nose bulb and skirts, grey and brown graphics. The cherry cabinets, and dark brown couch. AC in MBR, three awnings, porch and three season wall, 3 tv's, (OK the ones in the MBR and Garage are a little small, but that can be fixed). 2 electric beds in garage, iow everything we wanted. Plus, a half way decent nickel for our 2008 Keystone Cougar TT that served us so well for over 10,000 miles.

We are PSYCHED!

Stay tuned.

jimtoo

Hi oscar,

Welcome to the family... now just set back,, take a couple of deep breaths..relax ,,, relax...

I hope you have fun making the Cyclone your personal toy hauler with all the personal touches that get added. Keep us informed.

Also think of joining us in the Heartland Owners Club and attending rallies where you will meet and make friends for a life time.

Jim M

jbeletti

Hey Oscar - I know a another Cyclone nut in PA that you should meet (truknutt) :)

Now you need to join the club and register for the Goshen rally in June!

oscar

We do a lot of events in a medieval historical society, which is mostly why we have RVs to begin with, but if there is room for a rally we will definitely try. Right now the trade in is sitting in the driveway hooked up ready to go, and is going to be unloaded in the morning. (Shhhh don't say anything, he thinks we're going camping...poor thing, I hope he finds a good new home......) Jim, will join the club for sure. Yes, we'll be posting here about the mods. I'm a tool guy and known for tinkering.

Meanwhile the financial nitty gritty is done and we're set for a delivery and PDI on Thursday. Road trip from Bethlehem to Troy PA tomorrow......531 miles....Hope the weather holds up.

oscar

Allrighty..... We are in position enjoying a beverage at a Holiday Inn Express (no kidding) with the TV and our old Keystone in the parking lot. We're a few miles from the dealership. 536 miles today. The deal is at 9:30 mañana......... My lovely bride is so excited!......(this is a good thing.)

jayandhisgals

Congrats! I know you'll love your new Cyclone we love ours. It sure will look nice behind that silver TV (even though it's a Chevy) LOL! :) Have fun and be safe. Hope to see you on the road.

oscar

We'll be on the road. In fact, we're going to be heading back home tomorrow......trying to beat the weather. It's what I do for a living, why stop on my days off....:D

oscar

"The Castle" is safely parked in the driveway in Eastern PA. The blizzard stopped to take a nap......(Hare, Turtle) and instead of catching us with 200 miles to go won't be getting here until tomorrow AM. You gotta be good, and you gotta be lucky.

The ride home went flawless. With a "hard" hitch and pin box the ride was amazingly smooth. I feel no burning urge to go out and spend money on ride improving hardware at this point. There was about a 5 mile section of concrete where we went into a hobby horse style oscillation, but that would probably happen no matter WHAT you hook the thing up with. Other than that it was quite pleasant. I was surprised that there was absolutely no getting sucked into the trucks. We ran between 60 and 70 mph depending on conditions. Only the steepest hills in Western PA had us holding 55 in 4th gear at about 2300 rpm which is doable. Over 526 miles we averaged exactly 8 mpg which is not great, but considering that's through quite hilly terrain and burning winter fuel it's not bad. On the flats we were running better than 9 mpg.

The coach is AWESOME. It has everything we wanted the way we wanted it. The wife is besides herself with excitement and can't wait to get all our stuff back in it.

The dealership was Dave Arbogast in Troy, OH. I can recommend them 110%. I bought this thing unseen, from their VERY competitive offer on the internet, we made the deal over the phone, including my trade in, and the financing. I hooked up my trade, drove out and I was in and out of there in 3.5 hours. The coach was prepped, clean, and they did everything they could to make us feel at home. Took my old hitch of my trade, and for our first "mod" even helped me muscle our residential high quality king mattress out of the trade and over to The Castle. Worked for us as we have our comfy mattress, worked for them as they have a brand new mattress in the trailer they'll be selling. Everyone was courteous, respectful, knowledgeable and went out of their way to make it happen just right. Again, HIGHLY recommended.

Finally.... a shot. Yes, I would like 8 parking spaces please......Crakerbarrel in Zainesville OH. Sorry about the quality, cellphone shot, cropped. Will get to the "glam shots" soon.

Attachments

• Zainesville.jpg
    Zainesville.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 84

jimtoo

Congratulations, glad you had a good ride home and beat the snow that they say is coming tomorrow. Stay warm and hope to see you on the road at a rally sometime.

Jim M

oscar

Jim, thanks. We'll sure try. One more shot.....

Attachments

• CastleGas.jpg
    CastleGas.jpg
    750.9 KB · Views: 84

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Congrats on "The Castle"! Great name for a great coach. Welcome to the Heartland family.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Beautiful looking setup Oscar! The "Castle" is going to be a great addition to your family fun and adventures. Glad you had such a positive buying and first drive experience!

oscar

OK, after what I spent today another $70 to join the owners association wasn't even a drop in the tsunami......:D

Looking forward to mounting my plaque.

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
Congrats on your purchase you will love it, and welcome to the heartland family!!

jbeletti

Congrats on your purchase Oscar, welcome to the family and now welcome to the club!

Now time to signup for the PA rally (held during the Hershey show), the NE Region rally in Gettysburg and if you have the time, the 2013 North American Heartland Owners Rally in Goshen. Fun, fun!

back2nature

Thanks for sharing your new purchase and the trip home. Brings back those "I got a new RV" memories.

Sent from my cell using Tapatalk2

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
OK, after what I spent today another $70 to join the owners association wasn't even a drop in the tsunami......:D

Looking forward to mounting my plaque.

As soon as you start attending some rallies you'll find that $70.00 was the best money you ever spent!! enjoy your new Castle.

TomSt

Past New Jersey Chapter Leader
Congrats on the new unit!!!
While checking out rallies look at the NJ one in Cape May