Members Request!

J

Jeff

Hello Folks:

We are slowly growing here!

I have a request for all the members of this Forum.

If you could, please fill in a little information about yourself. Doesn't have to be anything personal (unless you want too). Would be nice to see a picture of your RIG posted, all members are allowed to upload pictures to this Forum. If you have any trouble with this, please let me know.

I'll ask that you don't list street number address's, but a City and State would be nice.

And anything else you might think others would like to know about you.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff :rolleyes:

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders

I've actually been lurking as a member here for a couple of weeks, just looking around. I've been looking at the Landmark brand of trailers for almost a year now, and am excited to learn that a nearby-if you can call 50 miles nearby-dealer will stock some in January.

We have a 33' Mobile Scout fifth wheel trailer that we have had very good luck with. We plan to retire in a couple of years and are trying to make up our minds of what we want to full-time in. The Heartland seems like a good trailer, well thought out and with high quality.

A little about myself, I'm a retired Police Detective, but still working in City government. When I first retired, I tried the job of delivering trailers out of Elkhart Indiana. Since we live in Dickinson Texas (south of Houston), the commute to work was about 1300 miles! Long story short, the job was everything that was promised, I just couldn't make any money at it. If anyone is interested in learning more, just write me here, PM me here or email me.

J

Jeff

I Think it's fixed.

Hi Jayc:

Sorry for the mixup here. I was doing some work in the admin section of the board and I accidently turned the permissions off.

It should be working OK, now.

Your post made it up successfully.

If I missed anything, please try it again.

Thanks,

Jeff

Oh, by the way, don't feel bad. My dealer is 200 miles south of here. Quite a ways to drive with the big 5er to get repairs done.

Take Care.

Attachments

• HPIM7706..jpg
    HPIM7706..jpg
    372.1 KB · Views: 7
  • HPIM7722..jpg
    HPIM7722..jpg
    372.5 KB · Views: 7
  • HPIM7721..jpg
    HPIM7721..jpg
    341.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Stq.jpg
    Stq.jpg
    371.6 KB · Views: 8

jayc

Jeff,

I got your emails, and see that my post is up.

Thanks

Jay

Attachments

• 3 Left Springs..JPEG
    3 Left Springs..JPEG
    582.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 4 Right Spring..jpg
    4 Right Spring..jpg
    357.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 6 Right Rear Spri&#.jpg
    6 Right Rear Spri&#.jpg
    432.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 5 Left Rear Sprin&#.jpg
    5 Left Rear Sprin&#.jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 12
J

Jeff

Heartland and Big Horns!

Hi Jay:

Just wondering what kind of Tow Vehicle you are using?

I think you asked about the Big Horn line of Heartlands coming out too? The Big Horn will be in the Medium priced class, not sure on the pricing yet, but my guess around what a Montana costs. Still a very nice unit for the price and alot of the same qualities and refinements found in the Landmarks.

When Jim and I return from Elkhart next month, hopefully we'll have a complete run down on the Big Horn line, along with some pictures to boot.

My Wife and I are also retiring in about 2 1/2 years and will be definitely going on the road for at least 6 months, just to enjoy the freedom of retirement and by that time our new Landmark. Then back to Louisiana and build the new house.

Anyway, please keep us up to date as to when you order or purchase your new Landmark.

Talk to you later......Take Care.

Jeff

jayc

Hi Jeff,

I'm towing my present trailer (33' Mobile Scout) with a 2002 GMC 2500 with the Duramax. This truck pulls very, very well, and I have been pleasantly surprised at the diesel's power and economy. I know that I will stay with a diesel, and depending on the trailer that I finally decide on, I will have to pick a one ton or perhaps something a little larger?

I will be looking at the new Big Horn with interest. It may be something we could use.

New to the Forum

I've been reading this forum for a month. my wife and I started RVing this past year. We bought my brotherinlaws 1996 36 ft Holiday Rambler direct pull trailer. A beautifull and nice unit, loaded with everything one could want, except 2 things that my wife will not accept! It has a 14 ft slide in the living room, but the bedroom has no room to get out of bed and the Hensley Hitch System is a great tow system, but can be very difficult to hook and unhook. We tow with 2003 F250 4x4 crew cab short bed. More power than one could ever need(Juiced to the Hilt). We go to the coast of California every other weekend almost, we love the ocean. I read everything I can get my hands on about RV's. Was looking at Tetons, King of the Road and Alfa Gold, but when I read about the Landmarks, WOW! Impressed to say the least. We even have a dealer in Fresno, California (NICE). I've been to the dealer three times to look at them. Planning on ordering one this year I think, the longer I wait the more they do it appears. I really enjoy reading your all's forum.

Thank you,

Robert Lassotovitch

J

Jeff

Thanks Robert!

Thanks so much for your comments!

The Forum has been a real hit with alot of people. So far this month we have had 50,000 hits.

I know as Heartland increases in popularity this website will become a very valueable tool.

I have forwarded your thread to Scott Tuttle at Heartland and I know he will really appreciate your comments.

Let us know when you order your new unit.:D :D

Take Care and hope to see you on the board alot.

Jeff