No longer post here.

davebennington

:DI guess after Monday, June the 20th I cannot post here any longer. The dealer just called and our Golden Gate is in. We are going to do the demo and learn how everything works. It will be a good fathers day present just to look at and walk through OUR very own coach. The bad news is our truck is still not in and won't be here until last part of June or early July. The good news is that the dealer is very understanding and has agreed to store it and look after it for us.

Dave:D:D

jbeletti

Hey Dave,

Nice Father's Day gift! Maybe your dealer would drop your trailer at a nearby campground for a long weekend if you wanted them to?? I've heard of it being done.

I thought I might be in the same boat as you on the trailer before the truck but Dodge built my RAM a little faster than expected.

Of course you can still post in this forum as you'll have a lot to offer prospective Heartland owners :)

Take care,

Jim

davebennington

Thanks Jim,

I ment that I won't be able to post to the prospective owners area any more. We enjoy the site alot and have gathered a great deal of information from the other members.

Dave:D

Tom of Ypsi

Dave, Congrats on the new 5ver. Hope it is flawless and your TV comes in real soon. Now you will have to change your signature.

BluegrassMan

Floorplan popularity

Hi Guys:

As I read the various posts, I see alot of Golden Gates mentioned, I was wondering what is the most ordered floorplan :confused: . I must be the odd man out, we have a Grand Canyon, we loved the j shaped counter arrangement, it was different that our Sea Breeze. Just wondering.:cool:

Cheryl

We bought ours off the lot, but I would have picked the Golden Gate if I had ordered it. I like the open floor plan and the angle of the fireplace and T.V. Also, I like the end of the kitchen counter. It has a piece that folds up for extra counter space when needed.

S

Scott

Working Hard

Friends, Folks, Heartland Owners, Prospective Heartland Owners, and those who just like to sit around on their computers and talk because they can...

Some of you have mentioned that I needed to "get out" of the Ask the Factory Section and monitor these other discussions, so here I am. I want you to know that while we are human here at Heartland, you can always be sure of one thing, we do CARE about our owners. We don't ever want a screw to be missed and end up coming out of your vent, but it does happen. I know it grinds you when you have to deal with less than perfect workmanship. Believe it or not, it grinds us too.
And YES, we continue to strive to eliminate any defects or problem areas that are identified in our coaches. When I recieve photos of issues you as owners have identified, I take them to the quality meetings and share them with the production leaders and inspectors. I can assure you that we will not settle for pretty good or better than most quality. We want ALL of our owners to have absoultely trouble-free camping experiences. And though a lot of you have had great experiences with Heartland fifth wheels, obviously, some of you have not. While we can't go back in time and double check the torque used on a specific screw that holds a hinge in place - even though it worked fine during it's walk-through here and at the dealership - the fact is, that when it fell down in a particular owner's coach, that owner has the right to feel that he was slighted.
So then what do we do? At Heartland, we stand up and take the tongue lashing we deserve, we apologize for the inconvenience, we admit to the error, we repair the problem, we learn from it and we move forward doing our best to never repeat the error again.
I continue to remain very positive about where we are as a company and where we are going. Every day I recieve untold emails and phone calls from people who have just discovered the Heartland product and they are excited about what they see. Just about every day now, I enjoy the privilege of taking someone through our production line who has also gone on other plant tours (competitors) and we get first hand updates on how we are stacking up against the compeition. I'm telling you, we are looking pretty good. We incorporate a very solid construction underneath all of the luxurious interiors in our coaches and as we continue to improve in the area of fit and finish, I remain very optimistic about our future.
By the way, Trailer Life and Lifestyles (Canada's number one towable magazine) have both just printed reviews of our Bighorn fifth wheel and both articles were VERY POSITIVE. They will be reviewing the Landmark soon and reporting on that.
FYI
Thanks for taking the time to read this.

ST
One of the partners here at Heartland