Proud owners of a 2008 3055

Garry & Bev

travel bug
Today we picked up our new Heartland 3055. Had a little excitement on the way home with our chinook winds blowing at a mild 60 m.p.h.
Made it home in one piece and now looking forward to many journeys and hoping to meet some of you on the road somewhere.None

jpmorgan37

Congratulations bev janzen and glad that you survived the winds. We hope that your future travels will be lots of fun and enjoyment for you.

John

geeksrus

High winds in Pincher Creek???? I don't believe youNone

Congrats on your new unit from a fellow Albertan!

EH!

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Welcome to the family ,you will love the floorplan as we do. Many sunny days of camping or should I say Rving.:) ---Ken

chardel

We picked up our new 3055 less than a month ago as well and really like the floor plan. Have been busy checking out all the little things in prep for a major trip south this winter. Welcome to the Heartland family and have lots of good travels.

shovelguy

bev janzen said:
Today we picked up our new Heartland 3055. Had a little excitement on the way home with our chinook winds blowing at a mild 60 m.p.h.
Made it home in one piece and now looking forward to many journeys and hoping to meet some of you on the road somewhere.None

A couple of years ago, on Highway 3, near Pincher Creek, I thought my kayak was going to blow off the top of my old Expedition. No surprise to me that the hills there are covered with wind powered turbine generators. We are normally at the Lost Lemon Campground the week after the 4th of July, visiting family in Blairmore.

Dean

Garry & Bev

travel bug
You certainly need to hang on to your hats around here at times. Along with the winds comes the fluctuation in temperature. One minute it can be freezing and the next you can be sitting outside with your shorts on in the winter. We'll have to look for you in July next year if you are out this way. Until the wind blows you this way. Take care.

silverfox

Congratulations Gary and Bev. My husband and I just signed the papers today for our 2008 Model 3055 and should be picking it up a a week or two as soon as the 2nd A/C and Mor/Ryde pin box are installed.

Diana

Garry & Bev

travel bug
Thanks Diana and congratulations on your new purchase, you will love it. We just got back from a 2 wk trip to Vancouver, enjoyed ourselves so much we hated to come home. We even had our son's family of 4 camp overnight with us in the trailer. Our 2 yr. old grandson slept in the closet.None
Just a heads up, when you get your trailer check the slide awning screws. Our screws were screwed in with too much torque and were broken off. We never discovered it until one of the awning slides had no screws left holding it. Upon inspection we discovered all the slide awnings were being held on by a thread. Garry is a handy man so will drill them out and fix it himself. This is something that won't show up on a PDI unless you ask for the screws to be checked by undoing them. Something most of us wouldn't think of doing.
Hope you enjoy your unit as much as we are so far.
Bev

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
Congratsons Garry & Bev and Silverfox on your new units. I know you'll enjoy them as we do ours. Unfortunately, it is stowed away for the winter..../Doug

POPN4U

We bought a new Bighorn 3670 RL June 2007 and love it! Sure there are always little problems at first, but our dealer has been great. We special ordered ours with duel pane windows, full size fridge. We also are full timing but we are very happy. Currently we are heading toward Brownsville, TX and will spend the winter there. We would like to attend one of the rallies, but can't seem to make the dates work.

Garry & Bev

travel bug
Thanks for the congrats everyone. Wednesday we take our trailer in for the warranty touch up. Have had good response from our dealer. I notified Heartland about the screw issue and they emailed backed saying they will get on it right away thanking me for letting them know. I must say Heartland has sure been great about answering questions and getting back to us. No disappointments here.None

silverfox

Just got the 3055!

Well, we took possession yesterday of our brand-spanking new 3055. Steve did a fabulous job at hitching up the first time. But, oh, what an ordeal when we got to our house to back into our driveway, which has a steep slope. Yikes! He back it in onto some 2x4s to level it out somewhat. The left front jack didn't work because some screw came loose (don't ask me, I'm not mechanical). Oh well.... let the learning begin! We are so excited. I'll be cleaning the unit this weekend and start putting some stuff in it. We are hoping to put our house on the market after Thanksgiving so we can fully move into the Big Horn. Tentatively plan on fulltiming by May/June timeframe.

Garry & Bev

travel bug
Congratulations on your purchase! An exciting time isn't it. My husband is one that needs to be able to touch base with his house, (He has lived in it all his life) so we won't try the fulltiming. Although we took our trailer for a trial run for 2 wks and he wasn't ready to come home, which is unusual. We hope to head down to Arizona/Texas this winter around February for a month or so. Looking forward to lots of traveling.:D