Washer And Dryer Combo

bimmy

Just got new Splendide Model 710XC Would like to know the best place to Mount it Would it be better on the side wall or in the front of the front part of the unit and should I get a drain pan for it ? and should it be Fastened with a 1X2 frame around it from not moving ?

danemayer

Hi bimmy,

If your BC has plumbing and electrical connections for a washer/dryer, I would locate it where those connections are. If you don't have the connections, I would locate it wherever is easiest to add them.

I would go with a drain pan, and an overflow hose that goes outside.

mobilcastle

Hi bimmy,

If your BC has plumbing and electrical connections for a washer/dryer, I would locate it where those connections are. If you don't have the connections, I would locate it wherever is easiest to add them.

I would go with a drain pan, and an overflow hose that goes outside.
I am going to install a stack unit in the spring. I assume you drilled through the floor to vent your pan. Did you locate the hole near the front of the pan? and run it down through the garage or in my case where the battery and hydraulics are?
Thanks
Steve

danemayer

I am going to install a stack unit in the spring. I assume you drilled through the floor to vent your pan. Did you locate the hole near the front of the pan? and run it down through the garage or in my case where the battery and hydraulics are?
Thanks
Steve

Steve,

Ours is a factory install. The drain line from the pan goes through the raceway in the bedroom on the ODS, then down and through the raceway at the top of the cargo area. It takes the same path as the water supply and drain lines. Then somewhere behind the basement wall, it goes down and exits through the coroplast a foot or two in front of the steps.

On edit, meant Doorside.

Last edited: