Electric Fireplace/Heater

Westwind

We have been snow birding in our FW in Florida since Jan 20th or so and our Fireplace has been keeping us warm and toasty every night. I highly recommend this option. Had I ordered the trailer I would not have had it installed. Now that I have It I wouldn't do without it. Temps have been dropping to the upper 40's and it's done well. We close the bedroom door and the heat stays in the lower level of the RV, the ceiling fan on low also helps.

Last edited:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Our coach did not have one, and I was glad, at first. Until we went skiing! We ended up purchasing a portable fireplace heater like this, and we love it. The next one will have a fireplace installed. We used our portable this weekend, when we were camping at the state park. Highs in the 60s, but lows in the 40s, so we ran the fireplace and a Vornado heater in the bedroom, and we were very comfortable at night.

cb1313

I have one of those in my TV room at home and put it in the trailer when I travel. I love it at night when I just have a reading light on in the trailer and turn up the flame light.

Cb

scottyb

I felt the same way, thought it was kind of cheesy. Now we love it after camping down to the 30's. Saves a lot of propane.

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Just love ours! So glad we ordered it. Yes, closing the bedroom door & turning on the ceiling fan (winter setting) makes it perfect...certainly takes the chill out and looks so nice.

Speedy

I remember the last night in our tent; with a light rain falling I looked out the door to a couple watching TV sitting next to a fake fireplace. I said to Rana "that's not camping, we're camping". Went to bed to be awoken by a thunderstorm and heavy rain; make it through the night but were quite wet and cold. I destroyed the tent as I was getting all of our wet stuff out of it by tripping on the door fly and tearing it. Rolled the whole into a ball and threw it into the dumpster.

One RV later we are sitting in our Heartland, watching TV and enjoying a warm fake fire! Ahhhhhh