Torque 231 Weights

scottyb

I have a friend that is looking for a small toy hauler to pull behind a Yukon Denali. It has the 6.2L engine but I think it has a 8K max tow rating. I'm pushing him toward a Heartland product but the 261 looks a little outside of this and there are no weights listed for the 231.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I think I have to agree, the 231 might still be more than the rating of the Denali. You also have to keep in mind the GVWR of the Denali includes tongue of the trailer and the passengers, fuel, cargo etc. in the Denali. You might try calling Heartland to see if they have any recent weight info on the 231.
That said, I have a friend with a similar TT Toy hauler that at first had a Durango with the Hemi. He was under powerred and over weight with a 1000# BMW in the hauler. He upped to a Suburban with an 8.1 and is pleased overall but probably still near max on the Suburbans GVWR.

scottyb

Yeah, I think I said 261 and meant 271, which has a much lower GVWR (9800). The 231 appears to be a much smaller unit, with shared living / garage space, than the other Torques. He is also looking at a Forest River XLR Hyperlite. I can't speak for the quality, but the layout and appearance is very nice and it meets his GVWR requirement. It also has a seperate garage that is more than addequate for his Harley. Heartland doesn't appear to have a player in this category of toy hauler.