Overflow tube on 2008 Bighorn 3055

We have recently purchased a 2008 Bighorn 3055,We can't seem to locate the overflow tube for the fresh water tank,when it gets full it comes out of the filling spout.Our question is is there a overflow tube that didn't get out and is the water going in to the underbelly? We have had previous trailers and have always had one.There were no diagrams in the owners manual of plumbing or wiring.Also anyone still having problems with the GFI having to be reset in the bathroom so the outside plugs will work? Any other minor bugs that we might need to look at before we take it out for the first time.

5erWonk

JR,

You should see a small 1/2" vent opening next to the fill port. Have you removed the access in the basement to see if the 1/2" tubing isconnected to the back of the panel?

On my rig there are two 1/2" vent tubes connected to the top of the freshwater tank then they connect to the single tube which connectsto the back of the utility panel. If nothing is there you should see the dealer. If it is draining into the belly I expect you would see the running out.

BTW congrats on the new rig, I'm sure you'll enjoy this great product.

LaurieK

overflow tube problem

We had a situation similar to what you are describing with our 2008 Sundance. Our overflow tube was too long and had a low sag in it which filled up with water and would not allow air to escape the tank when filling. Subsequently, water would come out the fill hole when the tank was only 1/3 full. Our remedy was to remove the access panel, disconnect the air vent from the fill port, pull the excess hose up and cut some off and reattach.
We further installed a T in the airline and attached a one foot hose with a plug. Should water get trapped in our airline again, we can now blow it out by blowing into the one ft. hose.

Good luck.

Laurie

christianson

We had the same problem with our 3055 I removed the scewes on the bottompanel and rerouted the vent hose over the frame crossmember there is a space to run the hose above the crossmember problem solved