our stacking washer & dryer

twohappycampers

For those out there looking for a stacking washer & dryer, we've found an ideal set up for us and thought we'd pass it on. The washer is a GE 24 inch compact front loader. The dryer is a GE 110 volt compact model. The washer simply sits on top of the dryer in the bedroom closet that was plumbed and wired for a washer & dryer. They JUST fit in - the cabinet doors hide them when they're not in use very nicely. We purchased these at Home Depot for approx $1500 for the pair (Canadian). If anyone has any questions about our experience with these machines, or with the installation, just ask away. By the way we own a Big Country 3450TS. Okey dokey - Doug & Lorna Oh, I'm going to try to attach a picture. Don't know if it will work or not.

Attachments

• DSCF0095.jpg
    DSCF0095.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 236

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I think you meant "the dryer sits on top of the washer". We have a similar setup, but used Whirlpools we got from Lowes. $1050 for the pair. Found them on a 15%off sale, and then used my 10% military discount on top of that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

twohappycampers

I think you meant "the dryer sits on top of the washer". We have a similar setup, but used Whirlpools we got from Lowes. $1050 for the pair. Found them on a 15%off sale, and then used my 10% military discount on top of that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Oops! How embarrassing! Of course, dryer on top of washer. (blush)

DuaneG

What is the difference in weight between what you purchased and ones typically made for rv's?

Phatkd

We ended up getting the Splendide ARWXF129W Washer and the Splendide TVM63X Vented dryer. Have not had a chance to use them yet,..but they feel good and solid. The dealership did a fantastic job on the install.

guyc66

What is the difference in weight between what you purchased and ones typically made for rv's?

The best I can tell from Home Depot's website is the GE Spacemakers weigh about 245 lbs total versus 214 lbs for Splendide Ariston stackables so not a huge difference overall.

twohappycampers

Don't think it's the GE Spacemakers. Looked it up for you in our paperwork at home - GE 24 inch wide front load washer, 2.6 cu ft cpacity, Energy Star qualified (CEE Tier III), stainless steel drum, internal water heater, 1400 rmp, LED display White on White, Model: WCVH4800KWW
Dryer: GE Portable Electric Dryer Model PCKS443EBWWW - 4 cycles, 3.6 cu. ft. Compact Capacity

Check them out at www.homedepot.com and also www.GEAppliances.ca

guyc66

Don't think it's the GE Spacemakers. Looked it up for you in our paperwork at home - GE 24 inch wide front load washer, 2.6 cu ft cpacity, Energy Star qualified (CEE Tier III), stainless steel drum, internal water heater, 1400 rmp, LED display White on White, Model: WCVH4800KWW
Dryer: GE Portable Electric Dryer Model PCKS443EBWWW - 4 cycles, 3.6 cu. ft. Compact Capacity

Check them out at www.homedepot.com and also www.GEAppliances.ca

Yes, you are right. I thought it might be a Spacemaker dryer since it appeared comparable to a model sold in the states. It appears the dryer model you have is only sold by Home Depot in Canada. The GE's look like nice units and the weights are not a whole lot more than typical RV stackables.

DuaneG

Glad to hear the weights are not that different.

Can you run the washer without having a sewer connection. The pre-run pipe looks like it goes from the closet and connects to the grey water pipe near the exit connection, so it doesn't appear to go into the tank.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Our washer drains in to one of the gray water tanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

back2nature

This looks like a nice setup, however...........

Laurie, I agree. That is also Teri's closet and she would not be happy. Trace

Hmmmm. Trace how do you rate getting the larger closet? That smaller w/d closet is Mike's. I have the 2-door mirror side. Mike doesn't seem to think he needs more than two shirts, I, on the other hand, am trying to get all my clothes I had in my huge walk-in closet from our stick house in my side. It's not working. :)

Sent from my cell using Tapatalk2