Sending Pictures to Heartland Service

wdk450

Gang:
Sorry I had to put this in the "General" Heartland area, but the "Heartland Customer Service" area seems to be locked to new threads.

I have an ongoing issue I am e-mailing/talking to Heartland service about, and the last response I had from a service adviser was that "I need to see more pictures". After being away on a 6 week holiday trip (and forgetting my camera), I got back home and took 17 pictures (.jpeg format) and tried to send them in to the service adviser The first try at 54Mb bounced from Heartland's e-mail system. I then divided the e-mail into 3 sections at 20 Mb, 20Mb and 14 Mb - all 3 of these sections bounced from Heartland's e-mail system. I verified the adviser's e-mail address with the phone receptionist - it was correct. I tried to talk with the adviser and got a voicemail that suggested I contact him by e-mail.

So, does anyone know what the Mb limit is on communications with Heartland service???

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Thats a huge file. No need to send that large of file, size the photos to 150kb each (that size will be a very large clear detailed photo)
Under 5 mb should send.... Send them up here and I can resize them for you.

Last edited:

DuaneG

Every email server allows different amounts of megabytes through their systems. Usually around 10 MB, but to be safe 5 MB is good. You can also try to zip (compress) them to lower the file size.

Sent from my cell phone. Please forgive typos and spelling errors.

pegmikef

I always just use Microsoft paint to reduce photos to 100 to 200 KB when I email any. It is quick and easy.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Bill,
Just for example, Yahoo allows 25MB of attachments per e-mail.

Don't know for sure about HL. We have sent photos to HL and allowed our e-mail (Yahoo) to resize for mailing, w/o any problem.

DW says we were only sending 2-3 at a time however. Trace

ILH

Most mail systems restrict attachments to 5MB by default. However there is ABSOLUTELY no need to send pictures of that size over the internet. Most picture viewing programs, MS Outlook included, will allow you to reduce the picture size to around 100kb (or less) without losing significant or noticeable quality.

wdk450

I split the E-mail into 4 sections and got it all through. Now I am supposed to contact Lippert Service to see what the pinbox frame flex spec is. They didn't answer the e-mail today, so I will phone on Monday.

Thanks for the info!!!