Please make under belly in sections.

Herbie

2012 Cyclone 3950

Dear heartland, just had to replace the hose that connects the 2 fresh water tanks. What a pain in the ###.
If the under belly was in at least 3 sections it would make repairs easier. Please consider.
1 section in front of fresh water tanks.
1 section for fresh water tanks.
1 section after fresh water tanks (above axles).

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Herbie,
This is a good idea, if the seams between the sections could be sealed somehow, to eliminate dust, dirt and mud, etc., from creeping in.

On a different subject, consider coming to the Temecula rally April 4th-7th at Lake Skinner. //heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...cula-4-5-2013-to-4-7-2013?p=288234#post288234

It looks like Lake Skinner is only a little more than an hour from you. Trace

danemayer

I also think this would be a nice improvement. Split the front and split the rear. I'd guess it would require a cross brace at each seam. The coroplast could be overlapped an inch or two with the rear section tucked in above the front section to keep water out. Yes it would slow manufacturing slightly and add a little cost, but maintenance would be much easier.

CrazyCooter

What would be even better is IF that section of hose didn't fail at all! Mine has been replaced twice in the first year. I made bracket to keep the tanks stationary and hope that was the fix.

Bksvo

When I pulled down the Chloroplast, I cut it into sections. I cut a 10' 4x1 of cedar down to fit between the frame rails, then screwed the Chloroplast to that. I don't plan on pulling it down often, so I also sealed the seam with Gorilla tape.

Herbie

What would be even better is IF that section of hose didn't fail at all! Mine has been replaced twice in the first year. I made bracket to keep the tanks stationary and hope that was the fix.

When I was replacing the hose it did look like the tank could be supported better. The factory puts a piece of ply wood under each fresh water tank, which seemed to bow. Not sure if I should go back in and make some support braces. We do take ours off road at least 20 miles per trip, mainly wash board.
Has any one had a tank fail from lack of support?

sengli

well if you want the coroplast cut in pieces, take it to a dealer, and let them service your under belly issue's. I did and they sliced and diced the coroplast in like 6 places. I had to put tape on all the seems after I got it back. Cutting it and adding wood supports makes good sense.