New Truck Bed Installed

SilverRhino

After damaging my pickup box and not being able to find a replacement........decided to have a new bed fabricated. Contacted Larry Herrin at Herrin Haulers in Kilgore, TX and for about the same cost as having the bed repaired, we ended up with a new bed that is much more RV friendly!

Attachments

• t1.jpg
    t1.jpg
    496.3 KB · Views: 342
  • t31.jpg
    t31.jpg
    779.8 KB · Views: 309
  • t41.jpg
    t41.jpg
    428 KB · Views: 293
  • t51.jpg
    t51.jpg
    728.3 KB · Views: 330

Sumo

Re: New Bed Installed

So let me get this straight. All I have to do to get a SWEET bed like yours is drop my trailer on my truck. LOL.

I wish I had your kind of luck.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders

NICE!!! I would love to do something like that.

SilverRhino

So let me get this straight. All I have to do to get a SWEET bed like yours is drop my trailer on my truck. LOL.

I wish I had your kind of luck.

The end result is great.......but........Not worth all the "beating up" I did to myself for being so foolish!! The other part that was very hard to deal were the looks on my DW and Grandsons faces when it happened. This was for sure not the best way to go about "selling" the wife on another modification to the truck.

mattpopp

Trouble Maker

I like this more then the CM beds. Very nice. If you don't mind what does the color matched bed like this run?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 3 HD

SilverRhino

There are a lot of variables in pricing......best bet would be to contact Larry at Herrin Welding in Kilgore, TX. He can give you a quote on your truck and what you want in just a few minutes. I will tell you this, the CM bed that I looked at was cheaper.....but not by much and you get what you pay for!

Larry Herrin
Herrin Welding Welding Service
903-984-7139

www.herrinhauler.com

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader

Looks really good Randy. In fact, it looked so good when you originally posted the pictures I called Herrin and got a quote. Gonna have to make a side trip in the fall.
How much do you think it increased your storage by? I cant remember if you had a tool box on your original bed.

SilverRhino

Larry;

I did have a cross bed UWS tool box on my previous bed. Currently my hauler bed has four compartments.....two that are 14" deep X 24" wide X 21.5" high on the front of each side and two that are 14" deep X 15.5" wide X 15.5" high at the rear of each side. I will be adding a box up at the back of the cab that will be 46" wide X 19" deep X 16" high. I need the utility box to mount my on board air system.

So.....to answer the original question.....everything I had in the cross bed box will fit in the compartments so storage without the utility chest is about the same....with the chest it will be almost twice as much. Still trying to figure out exactly where things will go! One option that Larry offers that I did not get, which I may regret, is the cross tunnel between the front compartments.....great place to store longer items or just more stuff.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader

Thanks Randy. Any idea on how much weight the hauler bed added? I forgot to ask Herrin. Not worried just more curious

rick_debbie_gallant

I have Been trying to guess myself how much such a thing would cost. How close Is my five grand guess. Also, was there any help from an insurance company.
Thanks in advance is an awesome truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2