living in a landmark?

gawelsh

The Landmark is well-constructed, with good R ratings, per the specs on the Heartland RV site. Then you want to be sure you have dual pane windows, 2 heat pumps, etc etc. There are lots of full-timers on this Forum who will weigh in on livin' in their Landmarks!

jpmorgan37

We've been living in ours for almost two years now and love it. As George and Lindsey said, dual pane windows, two A/C's with Heat Pumps. We didn't get the heated tanks and haven't felt the need yet. Coldest temps we've been in have been in the mid teens. Hottest have been around 110 in Texas. Our Grand Canyon has been comfortable in all conditions. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a Landmark for a full time unit.

John

seamo

Bob and Christina Seaman
We love our Grand Canyon and have been living in it full-time since May 07. We have dual pane windows--a must. It is very comfortable. We don't know about our winter yet.

Christina Seaman
Volvo 660 "Big Mama"
"Freedom"-Grand Canyon 4339

Princess Kathleen

Like JP we've been living in ours almost 2 years....ditto on JP's list....but we have the heat strips and the fireplace...the coldest...12 then the hottest 99...we have been very happy and as warm as a bug and as cool as a cat in our Luv Shak
PK

Tom of Ypsi

We live in our Landmark fulltime. We were told by a Heartland rep at a show that Landmarks do not need dual pane windows so we do not have them. Get them you will not be sorry but, for us at least, it has not been that much of a detriment. The air conditioner probably runs longer than it should and so does the furnace.

ct0218

Ours is a full-time residence also. We ordered it with FT in mind-dual air, dual pane windows, etc. Though I spend 80% on my time in our home in NC (because of my business), my wife spends 90% of her time in the Mt. Rushmore in Tallahassee (because of her career). It is comfortable year-round, though we haven't had quite the temperature extremes that JP has experienced. We have had a couple of minor problems crop up in the last 1 1/2 years but they were vendor-supplied items and easily remedied. We have traveled about 3000 miles in it since we purchased it in 4/06. Until recently we would have said that we would purchase the Mt. Rushmore again should this one suffer some catastrophe, but not anymore. Gail really likes the Augusta!

happyrover

Landmark fulltime

KickerXT,

Have been living in our Landmark Grand Canyon fulltime since May 2007. Have covered over 10,000 miles and 23 States since that time, and regard our rig as the best we have ever owned. We have the dual pane windows, 2 a/c's, heat pump in bedroom but not living room area (minor mix-up in order), fireplace, hydraulic disc brakes, 10 cu ft refrig with icemaker, removed icemaker to get more freezer room, 2-120 watt solar panel system with 3000 watt inverter, oven, granite counter tops, security camera, custom paint, trail air hitch.
Have been told by some that no 5er is made for fulltimers, so I don't tell them I'm a fulltimer (tongue in cheek comment, we're really not fulltimers Scott).
Anyway, I completely agree with JP and SEAMO.
Mel & NinaNone

jpmorgan37

Mel, I tell everybody that will listen that I'm a full timer and my house is definitely a fulltimers house-although it only sleeps two, but will feed four and entertain a whole bunch (if it's not raining) but that's just my opinion too.
p.s. Scott knows it too.

John

BluegrassMan

I too wish that I had the dual pane windows, (dealer talked me out of them). Now I wish I had them. I spent 2wks over T-giving in KY, it got down to 24* some nights, the furnace ran about every 8-10 min. for about 6 min. we were comfy, Started out with full tanks, after a week I took them out and topped them off. I had about 1/4 in each one left. It seemed that I used allot of LP. It's only money.....

Princess Kathleen

We are in Illinois, and it has been cold. We supplement the furnace with small electric heaters. This helps cut down on propane expense. But we do have dual pane windows.

Windows

Have you had any whistling noise during high winds from your single pane windows.

I trying to get this resolved with my dealer, no help to date

brent