Air bags with a Reese Signature series Elite hitch?

FiremanBill

Help! I am looking to get a set of airbags but can't get a straight answer from any of the companies that sell them whether they will work with the Reese Signature series Elite hitch that has the rails that mound under the bed. From what I can see it looks like the plate on the side of the frame that the rails mount to would interfere with the air bag bracket.

Has anyone done this with this hitch?

My TV is a 2004 F-250 SD 2wd short box. Hitch is a Reese Signature Series 16k.

TIA

jnbhobe

I have had Air lift on an 06 with a superglide and the 11 has Firestone with the Elite hitch and Ford factory rails

FiremanBill

Well that's good to know. Thanks.

Now if I can just get someone to give me the right part number I'll order a set. Everywhere I have called is not sure what set to sell me!

jnbhobe

Well that's good to know. Thanks.

Now if I can just get someone to give me the right part number I'll order a set. Everywhere I have called is not sure what set to sell me!

I don't have time right now but let me know if you still need help, they are hard to look up. I may have time tonight, the Firestone are easiest to look up, go directly to their web site.

brianharrison

I have installed the Firestone Ride-Rite Air spring helpers on my 2008 F350 with Reese Signature hitch. There were no interferences. The same part #2550 is for my truck and comes up for your 2004 F250. Here is a link to one vendor. No gaurantee it is the lowest price.

The Reese hitch side rail needs to be dropped to add bolt through truck side rails to attach ride rite top bracket. I have some pics at home on my computer - i'll try to remember to post later. PM me if I forget. :confused:

Brian

EDIT - Here are three pics of where the Reese Signature side rail covers the one top bolt on the Rite Rite.
First view from wheel well,
second view looking up into the indentation in the frame rail where the head of the Ride Rite bolt "hides" behind the Reese side rail,
third view, close up of second view.

I have to drop one end of the Reese side rail to insert the bolt (undo bolts attaching side rail to cross rails, loosen front side rail to frame bolt, remove rear side rail to frame bolt). An impact gun is your friend :)

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• DSC03354.jpg
    DSC03354.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC03352.jpg
    DSC03352.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC03353.jpg
    DSC03353.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

dbbls59

I installed Air Lift 5000 air bags on my 2011 F350 with a factory Elite Hitch. They mounted on the inside of the frame and the left one was a real bear to install. The install took me about 8 hours.

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton
hears what I have, 2004 F350 crew cab 4x4 Husky under bed mounted hitch. Got my Firestone air bags from etrailer.com. Bolted on no drilling no problem.With the under bed mount the top bracket is different,call them they will fix you up

FiremanBill

I ended up with a set of Airlift Springs from SD Truck Springs, first set did not fit, which was my main concern to begin with... shipped them back and got the right ones and they went in super simple and I really like them.