Vent for dryer

mobilcastle

I need to know about how high from the floor the vent hole needs to be drilled.The unit is I am using a stack unit. I also am wondering if you removed the carpet before installing the washer tray and drain?
Thanks
Steve

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We installed my vent at approximately level with the dryer's exhaust port so the run would not be uphill. Also used just enough hose to keep it fairly straight across so excess lint would not accumulate in low points. My closet had a target spot indicated for the vent location but it was mis marked. Thru checking we small pilot holes we discovered where it should have actually been. We could a spot in between the studs (using a series of pilot holes) then double checked the location by measuring from the bedroom window. We did not want to end up with part of the exhaust vent on an outside seam. When you start your cut outside, start using reverse on the drill. The saw hole bit will not chip the fiberglass if you do that. Once you have the hole about one eight deep you go to forward. Good luck. You might want to search for my thread on the forum about my install. It has pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vtxkid

As far as the drip tray with drain, you can install it on the carpet. You should receive several screws that will firmly lock the tray in place if installed per directions. As Gus mentioned, keep the vent hose level as possible from the dryer exhaust to the vent hole in the sidewall. Also ensure that you have enough room between your hoses hooked up to the spigots/ drain pipe and the sidewall of the washer/ dryer if applicable.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

mobilcastle

As far as the drip tray with drain, you can install it on the carpet. You should receive several screws that will firmly lock the tray in place if installed per directions. As Gus mentioned, keep the vent hose level as possible from the dryer exhaust to the vent hole in the sidewall. Also ensure that you have enough room between your hoses hooked up to the spigots/ drain pipe and the sidewall of the washer/ dryer if applicable.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Which brand tray comes with mounting screws as i have put in residetial ones but they did not come with screws.
Thanks for all the info,
Steve