Soon to be New 4012 Owners

racermom

I am happy to say with much excitement, that in November we will be the proud owners of a new 4012 . Our 2 year search has finally come to an end. We just got back from the Heartland Factory tour on Friday where David Porter, Regional Sales Manager at Heartland took us around the Cyclone line and spent 2 1/2 hours answering all of our detailed and technical questions with the assistance of Greg Dischler Product Manager.

We like the changes that they have made to the 08 models. The extra pantry in the kitchen, the larger bathroom giving you the cabinet like in the 3912. The only thing that I personally wasn't happy with, is that by doing this the bedroom is now smaller and there is a slide pocket door instead of a hinged door (I of course can live with that). DH liked the fact that they moved the side garage entry door forward. This will work out better for the Etrack that he will be placing on the wall.

We also decided while in Indiana (a 11 hour drive from where we live) to take in the sights and participate in the Jayco tour (slightly interested in the Recon model), but after attending their tour and spending an hour in the Recon model, we were even more convinced that the Cyclone would better meet the needs of our young family.

Thanks again to David and Greg at Heartland for the special attention and time that you spent with us. Thanks to all of you who frequent this forum and offering up all the great advise, suggestions, problems, etc... You all helped as well with this very important decision.

jbeletti

Hi Stacy,

Congrats! You, Rick and the kids will be having a blast when you get that new baby home! Welcome to the Heartland family of product owners.

Jim

crazybanshee

Congrats Racermom! We have got 3200 miles on ours in the last two months and it has been a great rig. Have had a few things to fix myself because I don't want it wasting time at the dealer. All the answers are here on this site. The people are great and knowledgable. Doug

racermom

Ok well, the hardest part has been done. Today we placed our order. Yep we have been told that our new 4012 should arrive in about 5 weeks.

I do need some assistance from other 4012 owners. I neglected to measure the master bed and the bed in the bunk area. We are thinking about adding a memory foam pad to both and wasn't sure how much deepth play room that I will have.

I believe that the master bed is a 80x60 - Deepth ??
I don't have any measurements on the bunk, so any information that you can supply will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for any and all assistance.

kaxel

Congratulations!

I am sure that you will love your Cyclone as much as we love ours - and also love being part of the Heartland Family! We have had ours for over a year now, and have spent countless hours enjoying the "toy hauler" features. No more driving two trucks to get everything to play dates! We just spent 4 days in our forest and on our sand dunes in Oceana County Michigan and it was wonderful to have all the luxuries of home with us in the middle of nowhere! Give some thought to coming to the 2008 Rally in Branson, Mo. It is a great time to meet other Heartland owners and share in the excitement of Heartland ownership!

racermom

Thanks Kaxel, we are really excited. I checked out the MO information for next year and it looks like everything is coming together nicely. That would be a nice trip for the family. Would have to plan on a week off , if not more probably.

I have added that to our calendar and depending on the racing schedule for next year, this may fall right in time for our summer break. :D

Thanks again and look forward to becoming another valuable member of the Heartland Family.

kaxel

Yea!

Yea! We have been the ONLY Cyclone at the last two rally's so we would love to meet and spend some time with you. We plan to make a week of it too. Coming from Erie, Michigan with two kids, a dog, cat, and the camper it will most likely be a two day to and from trip! Hope to see you then!

jcd8822

Joseph
Congratulations and welcome to the Heartland family of owners. I know you will be very happy with a Heartland unit.

Joseph

racermom

We have taken ownership of our new 4012

We picked up or 4012 Thursday. It is better than expected and even larger than I expected :D . We took it to the races this past weekend and everything went great. Only a few little things that we have noticed right off, but nothing that DH can't fix.

We had a ton of traffic go thru the camper, everyone commented on the space, design, fit and finish. We parked next to a couple of "commonly found Toy Haulers" and even their owners commented how they wished they knew about Heartland prior to their purchase.

Thanks again to all here for your comments and to all those at Heartland, they have found another happy camping family.

jbeletti

Great news Stacy.

Thanks for letting us know how it went. With all that envy in the campground, you probably have some wide grins on your faces that cannot be pried off!

Have fun and hope to see you at a rally in 2008!

Jim

I know yall will enjoy your 4012. We sure have ours. We go to many motorcycle rallies and get that same traffic checking ours out. We've had many people regretting their choice instead of the Cyclone and our tent camping friends have been threatening to leave their tents at home and stay with us because of all the different sleep areas. We've had guests three different times and there was plenty of moving around room. The only minor problem we've had is at a KOA in Lake Corpus where the oak trees were way too low and the roads were way too narrow and it made it almost impossible getting down close to the lake with that tall trailer, but we did it with a lot of help from the KOA expert. We still wouldn't trade the space for something lower. Just need to pass the word out to the RV parks that they need to do some more trimming back for the taller models.

racermom

gypsybrandysniffer

We have had many of our racing family say the same thing "you have plenty of room, we will just stay with you" :D. We are heading out for a 3 day trip to our favorite camping area in VA. Douthat National Park, a very beautiful, spacious area for large campers. Anyone coming this way, it is very tops of our list.

I will be sure to bring the camera this weekend and take the much needed photos that both family and friends have been buggin me about.

We are also hoping to get a final list of the things that need to be fixed with the camper. Hubby has already determined that he can't figure out why the fresh water tank will not fill up. Maybe I will post this issue in another area.

Have a great TURKEY DAY!