New Landmark Monterey Model

kdubinwa

Sort of an ask the factory question, but from a prospective owner regarding a new Landmark model...

The Heartland Facebook page made the new Landmark Monterey model announcement late last year and Heartland answers to the comments/questions indicated the first unit would go into production Jan 14 with specs to follow. Are there any updates available regarding this new shorter model?

Thanks,
Kurt

K

karykatz

weights and measurements are up on the website for Monterey. pictures will be avilable after this weekend.

I hope this helps

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
weights and measurements are up on the website for Monterey. pictures will be avilable after this weekend.

I hope this helps

wait a miniute...Your telling me I just ordered a new Landmark which was a compromise between what I wanted and what was available....and now your coming out with a new floor plan!!! Not Nice to fool Santa Claus!!!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
wait a miniute...Your telling me I just ordered a new Landmark which was a compromise between what I wanted and what was available....and now your coming out with a new floor plan!!! Not Nice to fool Santa Claus!!!

RVs are like computers and cell phones. As soon as you buy yours, they'll come out with a faster, lighter, less expensive, better looking, snazier model.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
RVs are like computers and cell phones. As soon as you buy yours, they'll come out with a faster, lighter, less expensive, better looking, snazier model.

LOL...that is so true! But I think the are gonna have a hard time topping our beautiful Key Largo!!

436Blue

Excited to join this forum as we just ordered a new Monterey. Downsizing from a 43'American Coach... ready to be a fiver!!!

jimtoo

Excited to join this forum as we just ordered a new Monterey. Downsizing from a 43'American Coach... ready to be a fiver!!!

Hi 436Blue,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Now the hard time begins..,, waiting,, waiting and more waiting. But, in the meantime,, research the forum for any information you may need or ask questions, the Heartland family is here for help and support.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

jbeletti

Congrats! Say, can you join us next weekend in Williston for our Florida Club Chapter Rally? It's okay to bring the American Coach! Be a great chance for you to meet a great group of Heartlanders.

Jim

436Blue

Sorry to have missed your post, Jim... we have been BUSY! Took delivery of our Monterey last month and hit the road the same day for a shake down month on the road. We have returned for a week of mods and repairs before hitting the road again, this time going east to the Smokies. We are in the process of loading up on amp hour capacity for boon docking. Going to Lifeline 6V AGM's for a total of 800 amp hours to power the hotel. Now trying to decide if we should go with a Xantrex Prosine 2.0 for bulk charging and inverting for evening TV and fan use.

Do you know of anyone who has installed an inverter recently? Wondering if I will need to install a sub panel or if my 50 amp service splits the 240 input into two 120 legs. Obviously I only want the inverter feeding certain items... not the A/C, washer, etc... Thanks for the advice! Looking forward to the possibility of making a fall rally somewhere.

Tracy
T

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
DH getting ready to do the same thing again to our new coach. He says if you are not powering the whole coach then you will need a sub panel to split the circuits and you only need a 30 amp sub panel...hope this helps

danemayer

Don't think you want to power the whole coach. That will loop power from the inverter to the Power Converter to the battery back to the inverter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jbeletti

I've seen some people install a sub-panel for only the circuits they want to power from the inverter.

I've seen some people power their entire main panel with the inverter, then switch the breakers off for the items they do not or cannot power with the inverter. In this scenario and as Dan has mentioned, you'll want to turn the breaker off for the Converter.