Sundance 3000MK - we just orderd today

IrishReb

We have been looking for months and gone to RV shows all over Florida, visited too many dealers to remember and got more confused as we went along. But as a result we narrowed down what our needs were as well as what we didn't need. Upgraded to a truck we could haul with (Ford 250 Diesel Super Duty 4x)..... so now we finally made our choice and bought a Sundance 3000 MK . It is being deliverd the second week in March and we cannot wait. Aprehension all around hoping we made the best choice... I think we did. This is our first of what I hope to be many posts on this forum...... John

danemayer

Hi IrishReb,

Congratulations on your Sundance purchase and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Anticipation is part of the excitement of getting a new rig. Make sure you do a thorough Pre-Delivery Inspection and maybe even videotape all of the instructions. Sometimes it can be hard to remember everything. Also, don't be in too big a hurry to leave the dealer. Stay at the dealer or nearby an extra day or two. If you find anything that needs adjustment or further explanation, dealers usually provide very quick service at the time of purchase.

And of course, feel free to ask questions here. There's a great group of people who are quick to reach out with help.

IrishReb

Thank you...... What has your experience been with Heartland service and product over all ? The model that we looked at seemed a high quality and the construction exceptional.

danemayer

What has your experience been with Heartland service and product over all?
We've had our share of trips to the dealer for repairs and I've fixed some stuff myself.

During our warranty from Heartland, they took care of problems promptly and showed great flexibility. For example, on our initial trip, while raising the TV, the wires in back got caught (they had not been routed perfectly), ripping out the antenna coax connector from the back of the TV. Heartland replaced the TV and drop shipped it to our home. A few months later, on a ski trip to Colorado, they interceded with Dometic to get a replacement thermostat shipped overnight air to our location (Dometic warrants the thermostat and wanted us to take the rig 100 miles in the snow to the nearest dealer).

We've never had a problem so severe as to force us to cancel a trip and come home early and that's saying something because we have something like 28,000 miles and 355 nights in our Rushmore over the past 2 1/2 years. And about a third of that has been in extreme winter weather down to -30 (F) which really pushes the envelope well beyond Heartland's marketing claims. We've also spent quite a bit of time in temps over 100 degrees (F).

Having Heartland Customer Service, with the support of Heartland management, and support from other owners is such a huge benefit that it may well outweigh every other consideration. Unless you never go anywhere, your RV is going to break. When it does, having help and support readily available when you need it counts for an awful lot.

In short, we love our Rushmore and are having the time of our lives.