Pdi

sengli

When we got ours new, there was a PDI checklist enclosed with the paperwork from heartland. Our dealer totally disreguarded it and we found it later when we went thru the paperwork. Seemed like it was pretty good.

Last edited:

ncc1701e

Trying to find a PDI to use when I pick up my new 3010 this Saturday.

Here is the one I used. Has a couple parts that do not apply to a fifth wheel, but the dealer was impressed when I started down the list.

Attachments

• RV Inspection Checklist.pdf
    303.8 KB · Views: 156

DonnyB007

Thanks for a copy of the PDI check sheet. We pick up our unit on April 17th and I will be sure to use this sheet.

BruteForce

Thanks for a copy of the PDI check sheet. We pick up our unit on April 17th and I will be sure to use this sheet.

Don't let them rush you. Are they charging you for the PDI?

We picked our rig up in January, and thus weren't able to test things like water and AC: Guess what didn't work the first time we took the rig out? Yup..

We had a great PDI at Camping World Katy TX. Don was the tech, he lives in an RV fulltime, so not only knew about the trailer - pointed out a lot of things to consider while using a trailer. The best part... we did the outside first and then went inside just as it started raining. Then a South TX gallon bucket rainfall started. So while we did the inside, we got to leak test the unit too. No leaks. :) and no rushing as we finished up inside while waiting for the rain to let up.

great experience compared to earlier - let me get you off the lot PDIs.

Nitehawk79

Thank you for posting this, the dealer did not know what to think when I opened my binder and pulled out the check list. I need to add a few things for when I return after they fix the first round of problems.

ParkIt

Used to work the PDI department when they needed someone to be picky - you can imagine what fun it was (not) for the young man at the dealership to go over my list I'd faxed to them by phone, we bought our unit from a dealership in TX and I didn't have the time to fly down.

The only thing the person doing the PDI forgot to check was the front and rear electric motors for the stabilizers. Both were not working when it was delivered but the dealership got me over to HL right away and they got it sorted out right away.

If anyone tried to charge me for PDI it would be a no sale since that is part of what a dealership does IMO.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Here is the one that I used.

Attachments

• Copy of Pre Delievery Inspection Checklist.pdf
    275.5 KB · Views: 49

dave10a

the PDI is the most important phase of the purchase. Do not accept the trailer until you are completely satisfied. My PDI and dealer prep experience was not good from Camping World Ocala. They simply did not do what I would now accept. I traded a motor home for the trailer after a good experience from the previous dealer and let my guard down thinking a large organization like Camping World would do right by me for dealer prep. But they didn't and it has taken me several months to correct the problems that should have been caught at purchase. I guess it was my fault for being so trusting, but that's life I guess.