PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on 2013 Summer Hat

jbeletti
02-14-2013, 07:06 PM
Anyone like this prototype hat? The front is cloth. The side and back panels are mesh, screen printed with Stars and Stripes. 23150. 23151. 23152

FiremanBill
02-14-2013, 07:15 PM
Nice!

gschaaf
02-14-2013, 07:20 PM
Jim the hat looks good can't wait to have on on my head.

MTPockets
02-14-2013, 07:29 PM
Not bad.... I'm real picky about my hats and I think this would look better if the front had no graphic or Oval. I realize the logo is what is being used.....but I would prefer just the Heartland Owners Club lettering sewed in to the front.... My opinion.

Phatkd
02-14-2013, 07:33 PM
Jim,..What about a solid colour hat (I like the colour used in the prototype) using the same material on all sides with the option of embroidering the country (US,Canada) above the rear opening? It wouldn't be as patriotic as the prototype I guess. But perhaps another option??

DonnyB007
02-14-2013, 07:59 PM
What about a small flag on the back of the hat; either Canada or United States if America? Then the letters of Heartland on the front is fine with me. Just a good quality hat it be appreciated though. :cool:

JohnDar
02-14-2013, 09:43 PM
Nope! Those of us who are folically challenged will not wear mesh panel hats. Not unless you want to smell meat cooking.

boatto5er
02-14-2013, 09:46 PM
Nope! Those of us who are folically challenged will not wear mesh panel hats. Not unless you want to smell meat cooking.

ROFLMAO!!! However, I'll take two!

wino2
02-15-2013, 12:10 AM
Made in the USA like our Heartlands?

RoadJunkie
02-15-2013, 08:01 AM
Time for a hat design contest? To me the hat looks a little dated...10-4 there, good buddy....rubber ducky. It may just be the picture, but the logo background seems to get muddied and you have to examine it for the content. Good effort and I think a hat is a great idea. Don't forget the women, I don't think a lot of them will wear this type of hat. Maybe that's a whole different can of worms.

2psnapod2
02-15-2013, 09:29 AM
I do like the hat, but even though I am not folically deprived I would like to see it in a non mesh material.

Flying Dutchman
02-15-2013, 09:44 AM
Afraid I vote Nay. My opinion does not change whether mesh or solid cloth is used. I do not agree with using the Stars and Stripes flag as an imprint or semblance thereof as part of clothing, including hats. I do not object to an embroidered flag sewn on or stitched on clothing or hats, provided it is the entire flag. Your prototype is an obvious partial image of the flag waiving in the wind. Sorry, it's just not my cup of tea.

Ray LeTourneau
02-15-2013, 09:44 AM
Hard to determine the contrast of the red/white mesh from the picture but I like it. I'm as follicle challenged as anyone but I like the mesh. I need it for heat escape. :cool: Will there be a sample to view at Williston?

mlburst1
02-15-2013, 09:49 AM
I like it - two please!

Mike

jayc
02-15-2013, 03:09 PM
I like it! Now to find one...

2psnapod2
02-15-2013, 03:18 PM
Well, I know a certain Bernie that has one or is it the only one!

2psnapod1
02-15-2013, 03:18 PM
I like it! Now to find one...

I know where you can find ONE!!

JohnDar
02-15-2013, 03:56 PM
To be honest, I like the older hat from a few years back. Solid cap, blue, with just the Heartland logo patch on the front. Simple, says it all, and meets my conservative sensibilities (unless I've been drinking then all conservativism goes out the window).

jayc
02-15-2013, 04:15 PM
I keep on hoping I will find that certain Bernie napping or deploying something, and I'll get my new cap. LOL!

tracks
02-15-2013, 05:47 PM
Afraid I vote Nay. My opinion does not change whether mesh or solid cloth is used. I do not agree with using the Stars and Stripes flag as an imprint or semblance thereof as part of clothing, including hats. I do not object to an embroidered flag sewn on or stitched on clothing or hats, provided it is the entire flag. Your prototype is an obvious partial image of the flag waiving in the wind. Sorry, it's just not my cup of tea.

Brother, I couldn’t agree more it doesn’t reflect proper respect for the stars and stripes. Just my opinion!!
Kirk

neilandnanci
02-16-2013, 12:23 AM
Jim,

Looks good to us. Hope we can get 2 of them.

jbeletti
02-16-2013, 12:37 AM
Hi all - thank you for the feedback.

Mesh or no Mesh - seems divided on that topic

Club logo or Corporate logo - seems mostly club logo

Design is okay or design is not okay - seems mostly design is okay

With respect to using a "partial" waving US flag in the design - what I am hearing:
- Some like it
- Some feel it's a bit US skewed with no Canadian representation
- Some feel using a partial US flag in the spirit of patriotism is not right

I respect all of this feedback and I'm REALLY glad I asked for feedback. I did not design the hat. It was sent to me for evaluation. I have given it to Bernie so he can wear it here at this rally while we observe it.

Can't say for sure what we'll do, but the hat seems too controversial to run with. Eric and others, I would not have thought that using a partial flag as being an issue, but I understand where you are coming from and this weighs heavily on my decision on this hat - sent to me for evaluation. That said, the Goshen rally shirts are already designed and a partial flag, similar to the Gillette rally is also used. With no disrespect meant, I'll likely keep that design is due to the point we're at with nearing ready to place the shirt order.

Phatkd
02-16-2013, 01:15 AM
We are your Canadian bretheren,...Please don't treat us like your ugly step brother or step sister. We may drink a lot, but we always bring enough booze for everyone else to enjoy. We may play hockey, but are more than willing to teach you and your children. We may have invented the game of basketball, but shared it willingly so corporate America could profit from our wisdom and you all could enjoy our game.

We are Canadian and would just like a hat with a small Canadian flag on it :) :)

For20hunter
02-16-2013, 01:36 AM
Jim,

is it possible to get it made in two separate styles? One with the US Flag for us that live in the US and another with a Canadian Flag for those of our Canadian brothers? If not, maybe one with a combination of a US and a Canadian Flag? Just a thought.

Rod

ATLJOHN
02-16-2013, 07:13 AM
Hi Jim
We all know the hat was not your design. Maybe a good design would be to have small US and Canadian flags patch on the back of the hat kind of like the back of the 2011 Rally shirts. I also am not keen on the open air top as my bald head is not happy with the sun.

jbeletti
02-16-2013, 07:55 AM
We are your Canadian bretheren,...Please don't treat us like your ugly step brother or step sister. We may drink a lot, but we always bring enough booze for everyone else to enjoy. We may play hockey, but are more than willing to teach you and your children. We may have invented the game of basketball, but shared it willingly so corporate America could profit from our wisdom and you all could enjoy our game.

We are Canadian and would just like a hat with a small Canadian flag on it :) :)

Thank you for the humor and facts so early this morning :) It would be cool to have a small US and small Canadian flag on the hat somewhere. Not sure of the cost of such a hat - but I like the idea.

jbeletti
02-16-2013, 07:58 AM
Jim,

is it possible to get it made in two separate styles? One with the US Flag for us that live in the US and another with a Canadian Flag for those of our Canadian brothers? If not, maybe one with a combination of a US and a Canadian Flag? Just a thought.

Rod

Rod - probably cost prohibitive to get some of each. I usually have to commit to 144 and sometimes 288 each. I love our Canadian members but don't want to overestimate their enthusiasm for hats. When I have Martin Marketing have hats made for me, I have to commit to buying any inventory they can't move in a reasonable time.

tracks
02-16-2013, 11:05 AM
Hi all - thank you for the feedback.

Mesh or no Mesh - seems divided on that topic

Club logo or Corporate logo - seems mostly club logo

Design is okay or design is not okay - seems mostly design is okay

With respect to using a "partial" waving US flag in the design - what I am hearing:
- Some like it
- Some feel it's a bit US skewed with no Canadian representation
- Some feel using a partial US flag in the spirit of patriotism is not right

I respect all of this feedback and I'm REALLY glad I asked for feedback. I did not design the hat. It was sent to me for evaluation. I have given it to Bernie so he can wear it here at this rally while we observe it.

Can't say for sure what we'll do, but the hat seems too controversial to run with. Eric and others, I would not have thought that using a partial flag as being an issue, but I understand where you are coming from and this weighs heavily on my decision on this hat - sent to me for evaluation. That said, the Goshen rally shirts are already designed and a partial flag, similar to the Gillette rally is also used. With no disrespect meant, I'll likely keep that design is due to the point we're at with nearing ready to place the shirt order.

Jim, as new member I appreciate your thoughtful consideration on the the proper use of the stars and stripes.
Kirk

dewwood
02-16-2013, 07:16 PM
We are advertising for Heartland so let's stay with either the Heartland logo or the club. As a lot of others my shining head needs to be totally covered.

happykraut
02-16-2013, 09:51 PM
Well, I know a certain Bernie that has one or is it the only one!
It is the only one in existence. Michael, eat your heart out.

happykraut
02-16-2013, 09:53 PM
I know where you can find ONE!!
I keep it under lock and key.

olcoon
02-16-2013, 11:40 PM
Jim,
I kind of like the idea of the Canadian & US flags on the hats, maybe on flag staffs & crossed. That would cover both countries & also signify the friendship between both countries.

jejinks
02-19-2013, 03:48 PM
Very nice. Can the front cloth be more "flag" blue?

TandT
02-19-2013, 05:09 PM
I'm not an avid hat guy, but I think it looks good.

I think it's good to see our flag, or red white and blue colors displayed these days. Trace

MTPockets
02-19-2013, 05:37 PM
Actually... Nothing beats a pure white, all cotton hat with small, simple lettering or emblems......

happykraut
02-19-2013, 05:55 PM
Anything in white is my least favorite. It dirties so fast.

TXBobcat
02-19-2013, 06:41 PM
Another vote for the solid crown cap, logo in front and cross US and Canadian flags on the back. I would buy a couple. The one shown here, sorry have same problem as those indicated above..

BC

Nabo
02-19-2013, 06:48 PM
Jumping in a little late but
1. not crazy about the mesh
2. like the idea of cross US/Can flags instead of the waving partial flag. If this is being used for the North American Heartland Rally - this would include the Canadians.

MTPockets
02-19-2013, 06:58 PM
Another thought.... leave off any flag..... I really don't like the idea of wearing a Flag of any other country unless I'm visiting the other country, then do so as a courtesy.... I have lots of Canadian friends and have zero issues, but I would only wear the US colors or none.

DonnyB007
03-01-2013, 11:16 PM
It sounds like the best approach is either have a Canadian style or usa style hat OR no flag at all.

Likely, no flags at all and just Heartland crest on front.

rick_debbie_gallant
03-02-2013, 09:58 AM

Jon, just wear a bandana!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

rick_debbie_gallant
03-02-2013, 10:09 AM
Jim,
I kind of like the idea of the Canadian & US flags on the hats, maybe on flag staffs & crossed. That would cover both countries & also signify the friendship between both countries.

Great idea, I was thinking of the same concept using the crossed flags and For those that are "Follicle challenged" perhaps some sort of "sun cap" out of SPF cloth and worn much like a swim cap.

dbbls59
03-02-2013, 11:08 AM
I don't particularly like the flag on the screen. I like the front. I'll stick my own flag pin on the cap.

RoadJunkie
03-02-2013, 04:42 PM
Sorry, and I don't want to trigger anyone's sensitivity, but I don't think netted caps are contemporary. Perhaps something along these lines would be more current to style?

For20hunter
03-02-2013, 04:51 PM
I would like something like that a lot!

Rod

Sorry, and I don't want to trigger anyone's sensitivity, but I don't think netted caps are contemporary. Perhaps something along these lines would be more current to style?

Phatkd
03-02-2013, 05:03 PM
Yes,..that would be very nice

DonnyB007
03-02-2013, 05:07 PM
Nice hat! You got my vote.

JohnDar
03-02-2013, 05:45 PM

That's similar to one from a couple of years ago (that some kind person bestowed upon me). Difference is mine does not have the color on the bill, just solid blue. Personally, I'd prefer a solid dark color with the HL logo on it. And no mesh.

JohnDar
03-02-2013, 05:48 PM
Great idea, I was thinking of the same concept using the crossed flags and For those that are "Follicle challenged" perhaps some sort of "sun cap" out of SPF cloth and worn much like a swim cap.

That ain't happening, pal.

rick_debbie_gallant
03-02-2013, 10:16 PM
That ain't happening, pal.

U could also use your thermal protective device for your head.

JohnDar
03-03-2013, 08:32 AM
U could also use your thermal protective device for your head.

Sure, I'll walk around with my black Nomex hood on and look like a gangsta or a deranged monk.

rick_debbie_gallant
03-03-2013, 08:43 AM
Sure, I'll walk around with my black Nomex hood on and look like a gangsta or a deranged monk.

Your brain/head would not get toasted!

I still like the idea of the mesh ball cap!

Still another thought would be a Tilley style hat (boonie hat) with the heartland logo.

Netem
03-03-2013, 09:18 AM
And I thought just our brand of trucks got people wound up. :D

JohnDar
03-03-2013, 10:35 AM
Your brain/head would not get toasted!

I still like the idea of the mesh ball cap!

Still another thought would be a Tilley style hat (boonie hat) with the heartland logo.

I've got a Tilley, so all I need is the logo patch. With a Tilley, you can pin up one side and look like an Aussie. Or pin up both and look like an Assie :)

Kbvols
03-03-2013, 10:45 AM
And I thought just our brand of trucks got people wound up. :D

Have to add tires also... Trucks, tires, and hats...