Closet Mirrored Doors

Two Hands

We recently had to have one of the sliding mirrored closet doors replaced. This weekend was the first time we had the Big Horn out since the replacement. My wife quickly noticed that one of the doors was larger (about 27") than the other (the inside door, about 23") and the "seam" was no longer in the center. At least I think it was in the center before the doors were changed out. This leaves a smaller entry area on the side we normally use as well as just not lookin right at all.

I just can't figure out what the service people did wrong. It was the inside door that had cracked at the latching device so that was the only door requiring replacement. But it is as though they had replaced that one with a smaller door and then replaced the other with a larger one.

Does anyone have any idea what might have happened or how it can be corrected? Was the "seam" originally in the center? Are both doors supposed to be the same size? Perhaps the smaller one should be in front?

Last edited by a moderator:

Chuck

We have a 3055 RL and our closet doors are the same size and the seam is in the middle. My thought is that if you put the smaller one on the outside it would look even but it wouldn't help the the problem of a smaller opening. I bet the factory sent the wrong door. Good luck.