schematic of the the underbelly?

khd995

Is there a schematic showing the position of the tanks (all tanks) and the plumbing (pipes) . I am going to put the electric heating pads on my tanks and the pipes and elbows. If I have the plumbing layout then I can order what I need (not what I hope I need). I don't want to have to remove the underbelly until it is time for the install.

Am I correct in thinking that if I do this then I don't have worry about using my furnace heat to heat the underbelly. I can then just use my space heaters for the coach and that the tanks will not freeze and my propane usage will be next to nil because I won't have to use my furance unless I want to.

grizzlygiant

khd995: You asked the very questions I was just about ready to post. Such information would be very helpful.

An additional question I have is how effective is the oem "heated basement" in keeping their tanks from freezing in really cold (-20F) weather?

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Fellas,
I am sorry to report that you have asked for what seems to be the impossible. I say this in the nicest possible way but I also am chuckling in the background. You are not the first with this type of request and probably will not be the last. While it makes perfect sense to all of us owners out here to have a schematic for all aspects of the coach, in reality it is not what a manufacturer is willing to give up. Mostly because of their competition and the fact that it would warrant a fulltime person to keep up with all the different lines, models and floorplans not to mention any in-production modifications that might take place. If you search the many posts on this forum you will find many pictures and much information on just this thing.

Good luck,

Mark

khd995

Are you saying that the plumbing schematic is top secret. Would hate for the competition to know the placement of my black tank, lol.

How about this, maybe the factory can answer this question. Approx. how many feet of pipe is used to plumb the black tank, and the two grey water, how many elbows,

All I want to do is order the right number of heaters. The service dept. where I will be taking my trailer doesn't stock them. When I get there if I don't have the right number they will have to order more. Only problem with that is I am currently using my trailer fulltime. Can't really afford my unit out of service while I wait for an extra couple of days for another heater to arrive.

jpmorgan37

kdh995

I can't help you with what you are asking. We are also fulltiming and we spent the last two winters in Temple Texas. The coldest that we saw it was 18. I don't have the tank heaters and we use our heat pumps above 30 degrees and when the temp dips below freezing, we use two ceramic heaters to supplement the furnace. We have never had any type of freeze up problem and use very little propane since the furnace runs very little. As long as you are adding water at room temp or warmer to any of the holding tanks, it will take a lot of cold to freeze them as long as the temperature in the coach is at a comfortable level (and we keep it around 73) When the furnace runs, it also puts heat into the underbelly which will help prevent any freeze up. With all that said, if you are heading to a lot colder climate (we came from Northern Minnesota) forget everything I just said.

John