ROOF Cleaning

RB2012

What seems to be the best way to clean a rubber roof on a unit that is one year old. Ther are no apparent stains just some footprints from walking up there and brushing snow off before heading to Fl. Thanks Capt RC

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
A solution of Dawn dish soap and water is the best method I have found. Trace

Phatkd

I was told by my dealer that using anything but water would void the rubber roof warranty...But I am pretty sure dawn would work okay. I was wanting to try and get some of the tree sap off this spring.

danemayer

I was told by my dealer that using anything but water would void the rubber roof warranty...But I am pretty sure dawn would work okay. I was wanting to try and get some of the tree sap off this spring.
I think the Dicor website warns against using anything with Petroleum Distillates.

Gaffer

When I was a tree climbing kid ma used butter to cut the sap from my arms. Not margarine. Then like the rest say just use Dawn a soft brush and a hose.

donr827

I have always used Simple Green on my roofs. I rinse off all of the loose dirt first then spray the Simple Green on and scrub with a soft brush. Works for me.
Don

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Try Camco Pro-Tec rubber roof treatment. My roof looked better than when I bought my rig when I finished. It held up all summer without a lot of streaking. I will apply again if it ever gets warm here. I purchased it at General Trailer, but I know it is also available online.

jejinks

If you use wax on your camper, Dawn and other similar products will strip this wax off (or so I'm told). I have used powder Gain soap on this camper and the one I owned before. Works very well but does require some "elbow grease" on tough spots.