Dryer vent hole

mobilcastle

For those of you who cut in your own vent- What size hole saw did you use? Our vent measures 4". Did you use a 4 1/2 ?
Thanks, Steve

Vtxkid

Used a 4 1/8th" hole saw which came from Lowes specifically for dryer vent.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
Don't cut the hole where the "X" is marked. You have to move forward about one inch to avoid a stud in the wall. Search this website for information about installing a washer and dryer. It will save you a lot of trouble.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
My target was off by over two inches. Fortunately we checked by drilling a few small pilot holes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I think there are stud sensors that detect metal studs and electrical wiring, which may be helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

milo

I called Heartland about were to cut hole for dryer vent and they emailed me a wall print on were to cut hole Milo

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
I called Heartland about were to cut hole for dryer vent and they emailed me a wall print on were to cut hole Milo

You still better check with a series of pilot holes on the inside or wait for the dew on the outside to see the studs before hitting it with the hole saw.

57chevyconvt

Steve,
Search the forum for the .pdf file that shows a plan/procedure with pictures on how to locate the hole and install the Washer/Dryer vent. Lots of folks have posted information on this subject.