Forum posts order (oldest vs newest)

Dtaylor52

I realize I am new here, but I have noticed the way this forum is set up, you have to go to the very end to read what the original post question was. Most other forums I belong to, the post are list in order recieved from top to bottom. Is there a way I can change this on my end, or is that the format used?

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Re: A Curious Question

Dtaylor52,

Just switch to Hybrid mode under the display tab on the top right of your menu bar on the top of the forum. I believe that will do the trick for you. Once you are all caught up and only want to see the updated comments, then switch back and you don't have to read through everything you have already read.

Rod

danemayer

Go to General Settings, under Forum Actions (see picture). Scroll down to THREAD DISPLAY OPTIONS and set the THREAD DISPLAY MODE to LINEAR - NEWEST FIRST.
general settings.jpg

hoefler

When returning to the thread in the list, click on the arrow thing on the left of the title, it will take you to the first unread thread, so you don't have to scroll through them all.

danemayer

In SETTINGS/GENERAL SETTINGS, about half-way down the page, you can change this to LINEAR VIEW, NEWEST FIRST.

iaflatlander

Thanks alot! Was bothering me as well.

In that other forums are set up "newest first", I wonder why the default value here is the other way around?

Anyway, thanks for the info. I've made the change.