Went 5er "Comparing" last weekend

GypsyBill

and Jennifer
Maybe I shouldn't say this too loud as Heartland might raise their prices ;) , but we didn't have anything to do last Saturday so we hit a couple of RV dealers in the local area for some "comparison" shopping.. We looked at some fairly "high-end" units that bring 20-40k more than the Landmarks and found ourselves saying.."we can get all this and more..." (except most we looked at had Goodyear Tires) in a Landmark... not that what we were looking at were shabby by any means.. but the features, options available, construction, etc, just didn't warrant (in our minds anyway) the vast difference in price. Some that we saw at the same price point, didn't have the features (or floorplans) available...

I know I am "preaching" to the choir here.. but, for the folks that may cruise through the forums looking for info as I have done over the last year or so, might find this of some interest....

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Bill, I have to agree with you. We window shop quite a bit when we get bored and all this does it justify our purchase of the Bighorn. There is nothing to compare in this price range. We did like the looks of a 5ver made by Monaco. I think it was the high end Mackenzie. I liked the cabinets and layout in general. Overall it seemed like a nice rig. Except for the price:eek:

Tom of Ypsi

When we were at the Hershey PA show there wer not too many fivers we missed and I must say at the Landmark price point nothing could compare. The more expensive ones did not show me anything that warranted 10 to 20K more. I did like the the standard Goodyear tires on the Doubletree Mobile Suites and hopefully Heartland will follow them. The wider trailers, 101", sure does make a difference but I do not think that extra 5" in width makes a huge difference of the higher prices either.

snuffy

We have looked at almost every brand made and we still haven't seen anything that we like better than the Big Horn, although we have not seen any Landmarks. We looked at one Teton that listed for over $139k and saw one on the intenet that was $181k. They are in a whole nother category and are heavy too.