ATF: North Trail - Roof construction on 26RKS

Harochar

Hello, new to the forum and am planning on mounting solar panels on roof of North Trail 2010 26RKS. Need to know particulars on roof construction, i.e. thickness of roof and material and location of crossmembers to install solar panels on. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Tkanks

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Hello Harochar and welcome to the Heartland Owners Club and to the Heartland Family. Although I am not sure of the answer to your question, someone is bound to pipe in here shortly to help you out with that question. This is a great place to get the answers to your questions as we have a lot of great people and knowledge here. Another resource is to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 and have your VIN ready and they can put in you touch with someone that can definitely give you the answers to the roof construction and location of the cross members.

Rod Ditrich

Harochar

Hello Harochar and welcome to the Heartland Owners Club and to the Heartland Family. Although I am not sure of the answer to your question, someone is bound to pipe in here shortly to help you out with that question. This is a great place to get the answers to your questions as we have a lot of great people and knowledge here. Another resource is to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 and have your VIN ready and they can put in you touch with someone that can definitely give you the answers to the roof construction and location of the cross members.

Rod Ditrich

Rod,

Thanks for the reply, Heartland did get back to me and informed me that they were sorry that they could not release any prints or assist in any structural modification. Was not what I was expecting after hearing so many accolades regarding their assistance to others. Wasn't looking to modify the structure just to safely be able to mount a couple of solar panels on the roof.

Thanks
Harold

danemayer

Rod,

Thanks for the reply, Heartland did get back to me and informed me that they were sorry that they could not release any prints or assist in any structural modification. Was not what I was expecting after hearing so many accolades regarding their assistance to others. Wasn't looking to modify the structure just to safely be able to mount a couple of solar panels on the roof.

Thanks
Harold

Harold,

When we make modifications, we're usually out on our own. While I can't speak for Heartland, I'd guess that if they provided people with prints, some people might view that as Heartland participating in and thereby endorsing your plans. If there were problems down the road, some people might feel that Heartland shared responsibility because they participated.

Have you looked in the Solar and Wind Power section of the forum. A number of people have found various solutions which they've shared on the forum.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
I have read on some other posts on here (I can't seem to find them now) where people use metal and wood stud finders to help them locate them. Another suggestion would be that you PM some of the people who have installed them or had them installed on similar coach and ask them for advice. As Dan mentioned and provided the link to, you should be able to find those people there and PM them from their post. Sorry, I know this isn't the help you were talking about, but this is way outside of my wheel house.

Rod