ATF: North Trail - Adding another air conditioner on top

Catchum

my stock air conditioner is in good working order but does not keep the unit cold enough for us in hot weather. i have two questions. first do they offer a roof top air conditioner larger than a 15k? second i want to install an additional roof top air conditioner to my camper. other than the power requirement increase what material list do i need to perform this task and does anyone have any information that may help during the installation.

hoefler

If you have 30 amp service, usually it is not pre-wired for the second A/C. You can look in your breaker box and see if you have a 2nd A/C breaker installed in the panel. If not, you are not prepped for the 2nd A/C. You can still install one, but you will have to figure out how to get power to it. You can run a second shore line for a 20 amp circuit just for the A/C and plug it into the pedestal. Now if the pedestal does not have 50 amp service, the pedestal will only have a total of 30 amps for all the outlets. Then you are back to only running one, if by chance you get both of them to run together, you will not get anything else to run with out popping the breaker. When I run both of my units, one 15k and one 13.5k, I am pulling 33 amps between them.