2014 WA State Rally Discussion

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Not sure if it's too early or not but, I wanted to get this started.

I need ideas of where everyone would like to go for next years rally. One idea we have been tossing about is the Anacortes area and day trips to the San Juans. Or Port Angeles/Sequim area and a day trip to BC and trip to Buchart Gardens.

Also ideas of what you would like to see at the rally ie: wash/wax, weigh scales, tours, speakers etc....

Either reply to this post or PM us.

Rod and Kelly Ditrich

Tomharg

Rod, I don't know where we are going to be next Summer as we are hoping to start out on our full-timing adventure in October this year. I am sure we will make an effort to be in the NW around any time of the rally if possible. If that is the case, either place you mentioned would be great, with a slight preference for Anacortes because it would be easier to get to without either going around the south end of the Sound or taking the ferry (at however many buckets of gold they would want for an RV).

For things to do, something high on my mind that is difficult to attain otherwise is the weighing of our RV wheel by wheel. I would really like to do that to make sure I don't have a tire that is overloaded when we hit the road, but wheel scales are hard to find. Another thought is Gary Bunzer, "The RV Doctor" lives in Everett I believe, and if so, it might be interesting, and perhaps fairly easy, to have him give a talk on maintenance at some level. I don't know what he charges, though, or whether it would be cost-effective for the size of our rallies -- or of sufficient interest for the group. Perhaps we could have a tell-and-or-show session in which anyone who is interested could talk about the upgrades they have done or had done on their rigs (that's something we could do this year, too, actually). Maybe a discussion about travelling with animals. Or those interested, making lists of places they have been that they have really liked (or hated)?

Those are just some of the things that have popped into my head with no filtering for practicality, so I hope you take this in that spirit.
Best,
Tom

Crumgater

Annacortes would be really easy for us to get to, too! The place we used for a rally a few years ago was very nice: www.pioneertrails.com. I'm sure there are other places around, too. There are some places in Sequim or Port Townsend - but that's a lot further to go - unless, as Tom said, you pay 'buckets of gold' to the ferry operator (and plan to go at high tide to avoid steep ramps).