Getting a Cyclone

I'm going to be purchasing a CY4100 in the next couple of months and just wanted to check out the forum and see what I can find out about the Cyclones

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Welcome to the forum! I can't tell you much about Cyclones, but people will join in soon.

Kristy

jimtoo

I'm going to be purchasing a CY4100 in the next couple of months and just wanted to check out the forum and see what I can find out about the Cyclones

Hi Mercury0_0,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Just ask your questions and I'm sure some of our family will jump in and help out.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Mercury0_0,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Club. You are going to love your new Cyclone! You have picked the right place to find out information on the Cyclones and how great of a product Heartland builds. As Kristy and Jim said, others will join in here soon, but I would suggest while you are waiting to explore the Forum and the Blogs yourself. There is a ton of great information out there, as well as great advice and things to know before you take delivery of your new "condo on wheels". We hope to see you on the road sometime in the future and please try to make it to some of the rallies.

Rod Ditrich

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Mercury0_0,
Welcome to the Forum!
The Cyclone is a great toyhauler. The garage allows so many ways to personalize the rig for your needs...cabinets, beds, refrigerator, TV, patio, etc.
If you care to tell us a little about how you'll be using your Cyclone, I'm sure you'll receive a lot of ideas on how to make it work just the way you want.

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
Welcome to the forum and congrats on you future 4100 KING purchase. I'm AJ Jones GM of the toy hauler divisions if there are any questions you have please feel free to ask and welcome to the Heartland family.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Welcome to the forum and hopefully to the HL family. Lots of great info on the forum. You did not say what you will be pulling it with. You will need at least a newer 1tn dually. Good luck on your purchase and hope you join our family.

FiremanBill

Welcome! I am a new Cyclone owner as well. Just gout our 3110 about 3 weeks ago. So far we are loving it! We have not been able to take it out yet for a proper camping shakedown run. We did have to go about 3.5 hours from here to get it so the trip back gave us some insight on how it pulls and it is great. For a trailer that weighs about 4k pounds more than my old one I can barely tell any difference. The fit and finish are good as is everything else that I can tell form just general playing around with it in the driveway will allow.

Good luck and I hope you are as happy with your as we are with ours!

Here is what I'll be using mine for... an Aircraft hangar!

Attachments

• 2013-02-15_15-22-27_423.jpg
    2013-02-15_15-22-27_423.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 2013-02-15_15-22-13_228.jpg
    2013-02-15_15-22-13_228.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 34

FiremanBill

Now that's a cool cargo!!

Thanks, My son and I fly these radio control planes. The ones on either end of the bottom bunk are 1/4 scale replicas and the two in the middle are 1/5th scale. The one of the far left is a Pitts M-12 aerobatic Biplane.

Attachments

• 1pitts.jpg
    1pitts.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 22

oscar

And they are light! (The RC airplanes......)

Welcome Mercury. Just got our brand new 4100 King a few weeks ago and we'll be taking it on a 3000 mile shakedown cruise in March. It's been sitting in the driveway getting decorated. So far we LOVE it. We're not new to this program, had a Keystone Cougar 29BHS before, so we're easing in with relatively little problems. I've found a few very minor things we need to modify for our needs, but overall the trailer is really well done.

One word of caution, if you plan on hauling a heavy load in the garage, you will need to watch the options you add to yours. 18,000 pounds comes really quickly so if you want to stay within the legal limitations you will have to plan carefully.

And, as someone above said, make sure you have enough tow vehicle for the job. Legalities aside, it's just a so much more pleasant experience if you have the right tools for the job.

FiremanBill

Yes they are very light! Awesome for keeping the weight down too. We'll typically only have them and a couple bikes maybe in the back, EZ ups and such in the front basement.

Back to the OP, again, good luck with yours. Keep us posted about your experiences with it. I love reading all the reviews, ideas, seeing the pics and such. I already have a TON of ideas about what I want to do to mine just from reading this forum!