4000 elite couch question

Hi all. My wife and I have decided to get rid of our Caliber 325OKBH and get a toy hauler. We've looked at them for a couple of months now, and have settled on the CY4000 Elite. Can anyone tell me how the L couch works? The end appears to just slide out, but i'm not sure how the cushion part functions. does it just store under the couch when not in use? Thanks in advance for any help.

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
The L-couch has a pull out extension on the end of the couch (so that the couch's do not crash into each other when the slides come in). The part of the couch that is in the slide out has two built in recliners as well as one on the couch next to the referigerator. It is a very comfortable couch and sits 5-6 people very comfortably. Any other questions please let me know, you will love your 4000ELITE it is a floorplan unlike any other in the industry.

Thanks for the response AJ. Still not sure about how the cusion works. Does it just come off before you close it up and put it into a storage area? Also, is the small seat still avaliable in the bedroom, or are all units now being built with the full length closet?

rjwarre

mgslorider,

The end seat of the couch does slide out and the cushions come off in 3 pieces. There is not enough room in the extension to store the pieces. There is room under the bed in the master bedroom.

my 4000 elite arrives next week and has the extended closet, which I waited for as I personally didn't like the setee, though some did..as it was explained to me by Mike, factory rep at Houston rv show where I bought and ordered my unit mid-feb, the setee was early version of cy4000 as the front cap was being reengineered and Heartland needed to put something in that space till new design put into place..haven't seen any newer 2013 units with setee, but like anything else, am sure you find a retrofit.. Be safe, newbie, jim

Thanks for all your help gang. Looking forward to some better weather here in the north east. Can't wait to get out there and look at some more campers.