Television Size

My wife and I just ordered a 2700rl Sundance 5th wheel. Do any of you know what size flat screen LCD will fit in the opening? Thanks for your help.

fishn2dmax

Congratulations on the new Sundance.

On our 2900 MK ( I think the TV cabinet opening is the same as yours) we purchased a 26" flat wide screen HD LCD w/ built in DVD for around $500 at Sam's Club. It fits perfect within 1/4" of width of opening. If you're going with a tube type TV, what size will fit in the opening will depend on if you want an HD (wide aspect ratio screen) of if you go with the normal aspect ratio screen (4:3). Measure your opening and then be sure to measure the various TV's before you purchase.

Again welcome to the Heartland owners family.None

You need to be careful. My 2008 2900MK cabinet is 31 inches wide on the inside. However, the viewing size opening is only 26 inches. Further, some 26 inch (diagonal) LCD's may be wider than 31 inches.

I believe I have a 27 inch Samsung in my cabinet. Tomorrow I will walk up to the barn (where I keep my toys) and get the specifics.

- Jack

Just get back from the barn, here are the specs:

The entertainment cabinet viewing size opening in my 2900MK is 25 15/16 inches W by 24 ¼ inches H. The inside the cabinet width is 31 inches W. I have a Samsung 27 inch (diagonal) screen size LCD model S2738D. The overall size of this set is 26.7 inches W by 21.5 inches H. It fits and views just fine.

As I recall, when we looked at LCD TV’s, the Samsung line had the largest screen size to overall set width ratio of all the units we evaluated. I do not know if the 2700RL has the same size entertainment center as the 2900MK. Nevertheless, I hope the above information is useful.

- Jack