Yamaha Rhino Doors

jwb187

Yep, got my recall notice in the mail about a month ago, haven't made it to my dealer yet but did call them and they told me to bring it in. They weren't real happy with Yamaha as they said yamaha was only going to pay them for 1 1/2 hours time but the first couple of replacements they did took over 3 hours. This is a humongous recall for Yamaha and will cost them millions as the Rhino has been a hot selling item for the last 3 years.

Uncle Rog

jwb, the thing that amazes me is that they are putting doors on ALL rhinos, new, used original owners or not. One of my salesmen here has rolled his at least twice, the first time broke up a kid's leg real good and the second put his dentist rider in the hospital for a couple of days! I use mine to haul dogs up to the high country to hunt Chukar and at the house for firewood and yard hauling, I do not race it and it would be very easy to roll if you were..........

ct0218

Seems to me that you would have to put the Rhino sideways on a pretty steep grade to roll it. I have a John Deere Trail Gator HPX 4x4 UTV, which is very similar, and it would be tough to roll over. Mine does have the roll over cage and seatbelts, but in 3 years I have never needed the belts.

Uncle Rog

Clark, I would be a lot more comfortable with a wider wheel base. I think they sell hub extenders, but like my winch, I have it to get me out of trouble, not visa versa.

Sundance_kid

Had mine put on, the install looks easy enough. Guess when you charge customers $80 to $100 service you would like to double your install time. I like the doors and put some sticky back foam in spots to lessen the rattles, worked great.
th_DSCF0001.jpg

Uncle Rog

Sol, I bought my rig used so I never received anything in the mail about the "re-call". I only found out when a friend who is going to tune it up and do some welding for me to accommodate a larger two dog kennel and move the gun racks. I found out when I said I wanted leg keepers.......

Sol

Uncle Rog said:
Sol, I bought my rig used so I never received anything in the mail about the "re-call". I only found out when a friend who is going to tune it up and do some welding for me to accommodate a larger two dog kennel and move the gun racks. I found out when I said I wanted leg keepers.......

After reading this, I printed up the recall material to pass on to my husband. He had (apparently) already been notified by mail. This has been my #1 safety concern, and I've been bugging for the addition of door panels as an after market must have add-on. Now, we'll get what I thought should have been part of the original package all along, and we won't have to spring extra bucks.

My neice was riding in one a few years ago and her friend flipped it (I'm sure they weren't being very careful). She got pinned under the roll bar and it broke several bones, her left arm, some ribs, etc. She had the same injury that Christopher Reeves had to her neck, and the doctors said she would never walk again. She sure is one strong willed kid, she's back to playing soccer again.

Anything can hurt you if it's not used right, and I'm sure the Rhino is safer than most, but thought I would share my (her) experience. Be safe!

-Mike

Delaine and Lindy

We have a John Deere 620i (XUV) which has a roll cage and seat belts. No one under 16 sign post by John Deere is suppose to operate the XUV. When home I use ours most ever day. We have several hundred acres around our place and plenty of riding areas. XUV's will turn over, however you have to put it into that situation. Which is the reason kids shouldn't be operating any ATV or XUV. Our John Deere has a option to limit power with turn of a switch, I don't have this option, we have grand kids and they aren't allow to operate the XUV. You just have to explain how dangerous equipment is and learn to say NO. Kids today doesn't understand the word (NO). And its not the kids fault, think parents. We also other Tractors and the kids aren't allow to operate them either. GBY.....