ATF: Landmark - Time frame for warranty items

Cyberdave

Our Key Largo arrived with both AC shrouds damaged by improper installation. It has been over a month now and we are leaving Texas soon. How long does it take to send two AC covers to Texas? Very frustrating with all of the other PITA issues I already fixed.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Is your dealer obtaining them for you, or did you contact Heartland directly? I think you can call HL customer service and give them your VIN, they can tell you the status of the order.

Erika

danemayer

I'd guess that Heartland doesn't stock replacement A/C covers, but has to order them from Dometic and them reship them to the local dealer.

Time frame:
You go to the dealer
---> x days for the dealer to place the order
---> x days for Heartland parts dep't to place the order with Dometic
---> x days for Dometic to fill the order
---> x days shipping time to Heartland
---> x days for Heartland receiving to get it to the Heartland parts dep't
---> x days for the parts dep't to turn it around and ship to you
---> x days to ship to Texas
---> x days for the local dealer to call you.

And none of those days happen on weekends or holidays. There's a lot of steps and it's pretty easy to get to more than a month.

I'm not saying you ought to like it. Just saying that there are a lot of steps and each one takes time.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Dave, I have a question or 2. Your dealer delievered your trailer to with the A/C shrouds damaged?? Why didn't they replace them before you took it from the lot? Also, why isn't your dealer fixing the problems you are having?

Cyberdave

Long story, I discussed in this thread. //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/35370-New-owners-13-Landmark/page2

The local dealer here is handling the warranty claim with HL but, they say they get the run around. So, tomorrow another call to CS.

Dan, understand sourcing, I owned a pretty big parts company so I know the twists and turns. However, had I treated my customers with the same indifference I would not been in business long. You pull two AC's off the shelf, yank the covers, ship them out, order replacements.. Simple and it works fine if you're willing to support your customers. HL places a lot of emphasis on their quality and after the sales support... Where is it? The AC shrouds actually have boot prints (same ones on both) where someone either kicked them, stood on them or did jumping jacks... Multiple mounting holes were over torqued and broken and several were missing.

We love this unit but the lack of QA and warranty support is rather disconcerting to say the least.

Bob&Patty

Dave, do you think that the damage was done at the factory or somewhere between the factory and the dealer.

Cyberdave

At the factory. If you look at the way the shrouds were "installed" it's very obvious that someone put their foot on the shroud. The cracks all radiate from the mounting holes.

On another note, I received an email from Anthony Roberts. He has got things moving. I appreciate his attending to the problem.

Bob&Patty

Dave, thats sad that someone at the plant would do that. But its also sad that your dealer did not get it repaired before you took delievery.

Cyberdave

Anthony got the ball rolling and had Dometic send to covers directly to here. Come Monday, it should be all good. Thanks to Anthony and HL CS