Water Pump - Enough pressure to wash trailer?

JeffG1947

I can’t bring our trailer home so have no easy way to wash it except with a handheld water sprayer. While that works, I’m thinking of cutting off the outside shower head and adding a garden hose male adapter. Then I could attach a 50 foot ½” garden hose to wash the trailer when it's in the storage yard. That is if the water pump has enough umph to provide pressure through the garden hose. Anyone have experience with this idea or another suggestion?

hoefler

I will have the pressure, but not the volume you would expect. But it will do the job for washing.

Wharton

One solution I have seen was to get a garden sprayer and fill that up. We usually go through truck washes near the end of a trip, simple solution and they do a good job.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
If you have access to electricity or even an inverter a small electric pressure washer would work and use quite a bit less water and give you plenty of pressure.

porthole

Retired
Is your shower permanently attached or has the special quick connect fitting? That fitting is available as a stand alone part from the distributor in Elkhart.
My trailer has the pressure but not quite the volume. But I have the same issue at my house. I would use a small pressure washer along with the trailer pump and you should be good to go.

JeffG1947

Shower head is not quick disconnect - the shower head unscrews leaving a female end attached to the hose. So I'd need to cut off the end and either add a quick disconnect or just the male hose end. But as has been mentioned the hoses are smaller (I just measured and believe OD is 5/8" and ID is 3/8". I believe the standard male hose end is made for either a 1/2" or 5/8" ID garden hose.

Does anyone know where to get the male hose end to fit RV waterlines that would work with a garden hose?

BTW, for those who mentioned pressure washer, I thought that was a great idea but the only power I have in storage is from my truck and the manual says the 110-volt outlet is not appropriate for that type device.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
If it is a standard shower hose thread, it should accept a 1/2" MIP to 3/4" Male garden hose adapter.
Such as this one.http://www.amazon.com/Anderson-Metals-Garden-Fitting-Connector/dp/B000FPCK3U
I finally purchased a similar adapter from Menards and tested it to fit fine.

The ultimate would be a one that also has 1/2" Female threads inside the garden hose end so that you could just disconnect the shower head when needing to use the garden hose.

Eddhuy

If someone chooses to use a pressure washer, what is a safe pressure to wash a trailer at without washing away any of the sealants?

Vtxkid

If someone chooses to use a pressure washer, what is a safe pressure to wash a trailer at without washing away any of the sealants?
With all pressure washers having different PSI and GPM spec's, it would be better to say the distance maintained from the PW wand to the surface to be cleaned would be what would matter most...

GOTTOYS

If it was me i would use a unit with low pressure and I would depend on a brush or sponge to clean the trailer and the pressure washer just to put some water on it. I recently watched some guys wash a trailer in the park I was at in TX and the big washer they were using could have easily damaged the trailer. I've never had much luck at cleaning anything with just a pressure washer and getting all the dirt off...Don