Matched Rig

Hocky54

I am new to this Forum, and am considering a 2008 Ford Expedition Limited 4x4 towing a 2013 Northtrail 26RLSS, will the Expedition be capable.
I currently have a 2007 Ford F250 4x4 super cab 6.5 bed with diesel, but my wife doesnt want me to tow the trailer with it, she wants a more conventional and acceptable tow vehicle hence the expedition

So any of you old timers give me some advice please. Expedition tow capacity 9000#.

Thanks Julian

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hocky54, welcome to the forum. This is a great place to get and share information.
I moved your post to the Tow Vehicle forum where you should get the information you are looking for.

Peace
Dave

jnbhobe

I am new to this Forum, and am considering a 2008 Ford Expedition Limited 4x4 towing a 2013 Northtrail 26RLSS, will the Expedition be capable.
I currently have a 2007 Ford F250 4x4 super cab 6.5 bed with diesel, but my wife doesnt want me to tow the trailer with it, she wants a more conventional and acceptable tow vehicle hence the expedition

So any of you old timers give me some advice please. Expedition tow capacity 9000#.

Thanks Julian

Thats a terrible idea !! There is no comparison between the F-250 and the Expedition and especially diesel to gas. and transmissions. Find a crew cab.

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
The more conventional and acceptable tow rig is your pickup. The expedition is going to struggle with 9klb. It will wear out that vehicle in no time. I personally have zero faith in Ford 1/2 ton Gas anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 3 HD

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
The F250 would be the better choice for both capability and safety. The Expedition would work but I'd bet you'll be at or over the GVWR of the Expedition when you add the tongue weight of your loaded trailer and the occupants and cargo.

Tow with the Truck!

oscar

I know it's nearly impossible.....but educating the wife with a few facts and figures is in order. Or, find a new.....ah, never mind.