New Dog

TXTiger

After many weeks of looking, I went to the Humane Society yesterday and came home with a 1 yr old rescue Boxer. Will add pictures over the weekend. She will be my new travel companion and go with me to all the Rallys.

jimmar

Congratulations on the new addition to the family. Look forward to seeing the pictures. Boxers are wonderful companions.

wino2

YOU GO TONY, congratulations you did the right thing. All I can say is be patient at the beginning. When she settles in you won't believe the bond you two will have. Can't wait to see her at the April Rally. What's her name?

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations - there no better traveling buddy than a four legged friend :).

KaosAD

Congrats, a rescue, especially a Boxer is the only way to go. My Boxer girl was a rescue at 5 yrs. old and badly abused, a little tlc and 6 months later and she's playing with stuffed toys and after a year she was a Boxer again :D :eek: In case you've never had a Boxer, IMHO, Boxers are one of the smartest breeds out there, it won't take much to train her, Boxers kind of figure things out for themselves.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Good for you Tony, Amy and I will be looking forward to seeing some photos, and Tucker will be looking forward to some play time in Goshen. Can't wait to meet her. BTW what's her name????

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Congrats! We got our two brother cats from a local animal shelter. We are hoping to introduce them to RVing as well.

Can't wait to meet your sweet girl!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Tony,
That's cool. Glad you found her, or she found you. Better start fitting her for a Harley jacket. LOL Trace

TXBobcat

Fulltime
My daughter and her husband have a boxer. They had 3 at one time but now they have only the one. All have been rescues and the other two lived to be over 10yr old. When we visit our Yorkie, who is a rescue, has a great time playing with Franko.

Have you ever had Boxers??

BC

Franko & Kari.jpg

TXTiger

Thanks for all your replies. I have had many dogs in the past but never a Boxer. She is a rescue dog. The shelter believes that she is about 1 yr old but she looks older. She is very passive, doesn't bark and craves attention. Haven't come up with a name yet and am open to suggestions.

Attachments

• IMG_0062.jpg
    IMG_0062.jpg
    598.9 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0056.jpg
    IMG_0056.jpg
    454.3 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0055.jpg
    IMG_0055.jpg
    495.3 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0050.jpg
    IMG_0050.jpg
    351.1 KB · Views: 85

dfk009

Beautiful baby doll! Looks like a great companion for you. Six of our eight traveling companions came through rescue programs. One was a wedding present, and just purchased this new pup (our first ever purchase).

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Beautiful dog, TwoToes. Looks to me like "Miss Elizabeth" would be perfect. Good luck :)

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Very nice looking girl.. it won't be long and she will be running around playing with toys.. She is a very lucky lady to have found you guys or maybe it is the other way around.. LOL!!