FINALLY. Got a Dually

scottyb

OK, maybe I am a copy cat. But I wanted one before you got yours.:cool:

Attachments

• IMAG0187.jpg
    IMAG0187.jpg
    570.1 KB · Views: 272

MCTalley

I wanted a dually about 10 years ago just as an awesome daily driver. Who knew I'd end up with one with an actual purpose in mind 10 years later. And I bought a 10-year-old one to boot.

dbbls59

If you haven't towed with it yet, be prepared for a pleasant surprise. I love mine and would never tow with a single rear wheel again.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Scottyb,

You are going to love that truck! We have had ours for about 8 months now and it is Amazing! We upgraded for our 2003 F350 Dually with the 6.0L and there is NO COMPARRISON! Did you get the factory installed Reese fifthwheel hitch? We got ours with it and also another great product! When we first got it, we were getting 15 MPG solo on the highway and 9 MPG towing. Within 5000 miles, we were up to 18 MPG solo on the highway and 12 MPG towing. We got ours loaded with the Navagation and all the bells and whistles and don't regret the purchase in anyway shape or form!

Rod Ditrich

scottyb

Rod, I didn't get the Reese hitch, but I did get the factory prep for it. Now that B&W is making a Companion OEM, I have one ordered for it. I became pretty fond of the B&W in my last truck. 12 MPG is a lofty goal, pulling our Cyclone. I would be ecstatic if that happens. Can't wait to get it hooked up to it.

ILH

I really, really want a dually. Unfortunately my driveway is too short fort it. My current 6.5 foot bed puts my front bumper at the garage door and the rear bumper at the sidewalk - without an inch to spare. I know that GM only produces duallies in long beds.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Way to go... that is nice!
We are off to the Dallas RV show today and will be shopping for a new Dually next week!
Woo Hoo !!!

Sandpirate69

Don't hate, some of us like the stability. Also, if I have a Dually (see signature) I can afford as many tires as it may need.

Thank you

truknutt

Committed Member
Enjoy scottyb! That oughta look great with that 4100 behind her!! Post up photos when you can in the "Rigs" thread.

porthole

Retired
Rod, I didn't get the Reese hitch, but I did get the factory prep for it. Now that B&W is making a Companion OEM, I have one ordered for it. I became pretty fond of the B&W in my last truck. 12 MPG is a lofty goal, pulling our Cyclone. I would be ecstatic if that happens. Can't wait to get it hooked up to it.

Congrats and good luck. I'm sure you will like it. I came from an 06 Sierra and I really like this one.
On our winter blend of fuel I average about 13.5-14.5 highway and city about equal. Towing the Cyclone I get between 9-10 depending on the speed. I can get it up around 11-12 if I drop the speed top about 52-54. Mileage wise my GMC did better. Bu this is so much more truck.

Don't forget to post some pics of that hitch, looks like you might be the first of the group to have one.

Enjoy scottyb! That oughta look great with that 4100 behind her!! Post up photos when you can in the "Rigs" thread.

Watch this guy - I think he might be biased ............................

BTW, you planning on playing bumper cars with the truck?

porthole

Retired
Going to help you spend your money :cool:

TPMS - You can't see or tell (not towing) if you have an inner flat. I drove home from the dealer with one. Had the truck 2 days before I found it. And I have had 2 flats since then. Those three flats are the only flats I have had since I started driving in 74

You have a few thousand miles before yu have to worry about it. But, when it comes to fuel filter changes I found it is a lot easier to have a spare filter housing (Ford calls it a cap), WIF sensor (water in fuel) and drain plug. I keep these and the filter in large plastic coffee containers. The container will double as a place for draining if I have to do an on the road change.

I bought a cheap socket and bar for the the hex on the bottom of the filter. I also bought an extra 1/4" drive ratchet, 6" extension and flex socket for the under hood filter. I keep these tools in the truck.

Lot of high torque lug nuts there. 165 foot pounds. I carry a 1/2" drive electric impact to remove, deep impact socket and 12" extnesion to use with the 1/2" click stop torque wrench. I do torque these wheels (and the trailer's) every time I remove them.
I also have an old cheap screwdriver that I bent the blade over a bit more then 90 degrees. I use that to pull the center caps off with out damaging them.

scottyb

2 extra tires to ware out. just a waste!!!!!!!!!

My tires and routine maintenence are paid for as part of my lease to the company.

Porthole, I think I have most of the items you listed covered, except the electric impact. I have always travelled with a spare fuel filter and the means to change it. It was a rascal on the 3500HD. Fortunately I never had to do an unscheduled filter change, but I will always have one with me. I am still looking for a decent but inexpensive torque wrench. I have been borrowing one from our equipment manager.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Good for you scottyb. She looks beautiful. Even if you have tons of experience towing you are not going to believe the difference with a dually. Enjoy the new ride !