Decal Remover

Buckeye

I picked up our new Elkridge this week and I noticed that the dealer had placed one of his decals on the rear of the coach. What can I use to remove this decal without damaging the fiberglass skin?

KaosAD

My dealer had large gaudy decals on every side. I was afraid of any type of solvent so I sat down with a cup of coffee and several new utility knife blades, one blade for each decal and just took my time. It took about half a day with breaks. I'm sure there's a solvent to help remove them but I was too chicken.

FiremanBill

Heat. Use a hair dryer or heat gun on low. get the decal nice and warm and it will peel right off. Just did mine this morning.

Buckeye

Thanks for the replies- I will try the hair dryer. If that doesn't work I'll head to the auto store to find a spray-on remover. I don't know why dealers have to put their crappy looking decals on such a great looking RV. Thanks again

FiremanBill

This^
Hair dryer is the safe way, using a heat gun takes some skill to not overheat the area.

True, I forget not everyone uses heat guns a lot! I use one quite often on my model airplanes keeping the covering tight so am pretty handy with them. Hair dryer is the best option to keep from melting anything.

Buckeye

Hair dryer worked great-decal removed safely. Since I am rapidly becoming "follically challenged" it doesn't get used that much. Thanks again for all the help, Murph

TXBobcat

Fulltime
When I refinished my Bighorn I just used a razor blade (like when you take stickers off your windshield) and it did very well. I was very suprised. The heartland URL on the back was one of the hardest to remove. It was very brittle..

FWIW
BC

Birchwood

Carefully use a heat gun and your finger nails.They should peel off easily because its a new unit.
I have removed many decals from our Landmark and will be removing more next week.If they become
marked or stained I replace them.