Rubber floor bubbles

Snoshoe82

Am I the only one wondering why the rubber floor isnt glued down? everytime the sun hits it, it bubbles rising in big bubbles across the floor.
How can we fix it?

vakthund

Can use an injector needle and glue it down. Rarely works for me though. Better is to pull the rubber up and re-glue it.

---
One day I'll put something clever in here.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Gluing it down entirely would have the same effect as gluing down a linoleum floor. If it can't expand and contract with temperature, it will split. With linoleum, only the outer edges and seams are glued to the substrate.

oscar

Gluing it down entirely would have the same effect as gluing down a linoleum floor. If it can't expand and contract with temperature, it will split. With linoleum, only the outer edges and seams are glued to the substrate.

Hmmmm, I believe you, but every linoleum floor I've ever pulled out of an old house fought me tooth and nail for every square inch.....

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Hmmmm, I believe you, but every linoleum floor I've ever pulled out of an old house fought me tooth and nail for every square inch.....

Maybe installations changed with the type of material being used. I know when I ripped up the lino in my house (built 1994) a couple of years ago, only the edges and seams were glued. Others (on different subject forums) have said the same about edges and seams. Where mine was glued took a heat gun and scraper to get it up.

oscar

Yes, the installation manner has probably changed over the years. I remember long hard hours with a roofing scraper......

FiremanBill

I can tell you they glued the floor all the way in 1979! When we bought our house in '01 that was one of the first thing to go and it took me WEEKS to scrape all that old crap off the floor.

So far no issues with the floor in our 3110.

alaska dodge

In a home it is glued and rolled with a rollover, in an RV they only glue the outer edges because the temperature change and the contraction and expansion from that change

Bill & Katherine

2013 Cyclone 4100
2012 Dodge Megacab 3500 Dually, 6.7L max tow

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD