New F350 DRW

MTPockets

This is long, but really strange..... Been looking around for several months for a new F350 DRW to replace our SRW... Two months ago we stopped at the local Ford dealer and after a bit decided to let them do a computer "build" of our ideal truck... So we sat down with their Truck guy who does all the ordering and he walked us thru all the options and answered all our questions about weights, payloads, etc., we decided we weren't ready yet to spend that much for our "ideal" truck so we thanked them and left. We looked around at other dealers as well. On Thursday, we found a truck we liked at a dealer about 40 miles away and worked up a deal, trade etc., I told the sales guy we would take it and offered to give him a "hold" payment, and we would be back on Tuesday with money to complete the deal. He said no problem, he would hold it and we could just do the whole deal then. We signed nothing and all he had was my first name..... On Saturday, I was driving by the dealer we visited two months ago - just to see --- The had two duallys in stock one white, and a red King Ranch, but it was over at the fairgrounds where the county fair was under way, so we drove over to the fair to look at it. It looked good, but I had to have numbers. Back at the dealer, we worked up some numbers and they looked quite a bit better than the out-of-town dealer, but there was a problem... This red King Ranch had been special ordered, but their system didn't have the customer name linked to the order. Since this was unusual, they had to check it out to see if this truck was available for sale. After talking to the truck guy, he said there was a couple in two months ago and he did a sample build and accidentally placed the order and never removed the Special Order status in their system..... That was me! .... They had just gotten it in and I waltz in the door and find the exact truck that I had a hypothetical build done two months ago ..... This was providence - so I drove it home and we're the proud owners of new red F350 King Ranch DRW.

FiremanBill

Sweet! Gotta love it. That's Karma right there. You must have done something good for someone recently.

Congrats!

jimtoo

Congratulations on the new tow truck. Everyone needs a good deal once in a while.

I did move your post to the Tow Vehicle area also.

mmomega

AnyTimer
Very cool. We love ours. It came down to the 3500 HD Denali DRW and the F350 I ended up buying, I don't think I would have lost out either way..... other than hearing crap from my buddy :)

I went up from an '07 F350 SRW and glad I did. For me it's night and day when towing.

MTPockets

Very cool. We love ours. It came down to the 3500 HD Denali DRW and the F350 I ended up buying, I don't think I would have lost out either way..... other than hearing crap from my buddy :)

I went up from an '07 F350 SRW and glad I did. For me it's night and day when towing.
MMOMEGA, I just looked up your location in Texas... We were at Lake Whitney State Park last May & June ... This year we're travelling further to Colorado via I-10 to El Paso, then North in early June... Stopping at the Montgomery TX Rally in April.

mmomega

AnyTimer
We've done Lake Whitney the past 2 years. We've been wanting to do Colorado at some point, just haven't gotten around to going. Most likely going to the Canton Rally in Oct.
Again congrats on the new truck!

Phatkd

Now that is just plain fate! Nice work! Did you let it slip to the sales guy that it was you 2 months ago that did the hypothetical build with him? Or did he remember?

Cheers,..Kris

MTPockets

Now that is just plain fate! Nice work! Did you let it slip to the sales guy that it was you 2 months ago that did the hypothetical build with him? Or did he remember?

Cheers,..Kris
I didn't get the connection at all until their truck guy told the sales lady he had mistakenly ordered the truck two months ago for some people that had stopped in with a bunch of questions.... The sales lady put it all together as she was the one who walked us back to see him at that time. He never noted our names and had never admitted the error until it came in, a couple days before I walked in....

mmomega

AnyTimer
I try to post a pic, but when I click on upload, it won't do it.... I've waited a really long time.... Are instructions listed somewhere on the site?

For me the easiest way is to Click "Advanced" rather than "Quick Post"

From there scroll down and you'll see an Additional Options section. Within that, click "Manage Attachments"

This should pop up a window. In the top right hand corner you'll see "+Add Files", Click that. Then click the "choose file" button.
This will open a window so you can choose the photo you want to upload, choose the file, then click "Upload.

Your photo should now show up in the main area where I drew a square. Drag your photo down to the attachments section. Make sure the photo is checked in the Attachments section.

After closing that window, your file should now appear in the "additional options / Attachments" section.

Submit Reply and you're good.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-02-25 at 12.50.50 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-02-25 at 12.50.50 PM.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Screen Shot 2013-02-25 at 12.56.34 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-02-25 at 12.56.34 PM.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 47

MTPockets

I guess I've lost my touch - can't download a pic - tried above suggestions - tried re-sizing to under 100 pixels (Is there a size limit?)- I've posted pics before but can't get it now...

View attachment 23276

Last edited by a moderator:

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations and what a wonderful story. We had something similar happen to us with the local Dodge dealership. We had talked with a sales manager about what we would like in a 1 ton truck but he didn't take an order or at least we didn't think he did. A couple of months later we were in having the oil changed in the 3/4 ton truck when the manager said he had something to show us. Whammo - there it was. Needless to say blackie (the 3/4 ton truck) got left at the dealership. Enjoy and travel safely.

truknutt

Committed Member
I guess I've lost my touch - can't download a pic - tried above suggestions - tried re-sizing to under 100 pixels (Is there a size limit?)- I've posted pics before but can't get it now...

View attachment 23276

Beautiful! You called it red so I had to look that up...Autumn Red sure looks a lot like Kodiak Brown with the wrong lighting doesn't it? Either way, it'll look great hooked up to that Big Horn.

travlingman

View attachment 23276

Have the same rig as you, King Ranch, autumn red, except chrome package, but like the running boards on yours, and love it. Plan to have some sore jaws from all the grinning you will be doing while driving. Also, I hope your wife doesn't get tired of hearing you say, "I love this truck." Mine keeps saying, "I know, I know."

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Ours looks the same except it is a 2012. Looks like the same color. A great looking truck.