NuWa CEO about HeartLand

Status
Not open for further replies.

snuffy

Very interesting the way they went off on the Heartlands and not very classy I must say. I'm a little more neutral as I don't have a Heartland yet, but the Big Horn is at the top of our list. I can also see where they are coming from on some of the unseen area quality issues. I was not overly impressed on the answer about the fresh water tanks. Everybody wants quality but are not willing to sacrifice any profits to make it what it should be. I see that in every industry. I also understand that a good profit must be made to stay in business. I just want a quality engineered and constructed RV, be it trailer, 5er, or motorhome. I still believe it can be done, but don't really believe any manufacturer has come close to perfection yet. I have seen some shoddy workmanship on high end motorhomes and that is uncalled for. I will never understand why a dealer will let a unit sit on the lot for public view with things like cabinets falling off the wall, carpet all wrinkled up, doors horribly misaligned, etc. Since they must be fixed, why not go ahead and make it presentable before it is opened to the public? To me it says something of the initial quality and what might be unseen. Every forum I have visited has its members who have seemingly major problems. I'd be willing to bet that the NuWas are no exception. I have more opinions but will let it rest for a while.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
snuffy, well said and I too could not believe a CEO would write what he did and not think it would not get out. I found this post on my previous trailers forum , so guess it will make the rounds to others also.....Ken

snuffy

katkens said:
snuffy, well said and I too could not believe a CEO would write what he did and not think it would not get out. I found this post on my previous trailers forum , so guess it will make the rounds to others also.....Ken

I wonder if Mike, the CEO, owns the website. I must say he does a good bit of posting. Today is the first time I have been to their forum. He certainly doesn't pull any punches. If he can back it up it ain't bragging.

katkens

Snuffy don't know who runs the forum over there either. I still can not believe one thinks Heartland is selling trailers for cost of materials. I can see the floorplan stuff but how many new plans can a commpany come up with that has not already been built. I think there sales must be off and he has to vent somewhere.:)

snuffy

katkens said:
Snuffy don't know who runs the forum over there either. I still can not believe one thinks Heartland is selling trailers for cost of materials. I can see the floorplan stuff but how many new plans can a commpany come up with that has not already been built. I think there sales must be off and he has to vent somewhere.:)

Precisely.

katkens

snuffy said:
Precisely.

Speaking of precisely I was wondering about his last sentence. Quote: My thanks to the customers who support our efforts even though they are not always as positive as we would like.

FLSTS03

As a netural/future 5er owner it does not suprise me that floorplans are duplicated,lets face it you have less sq feet than in a lot of folks living room and on top of that it has to roll. Also, as a Plumbing wholesaler and past plumber,pictures posted here on back falling drainage didn't exactly flip my flop. I have competors driving down prices needlessly all the time and in the long run it will be the end user who suffers/takes profits to provide that great service we all want and pay for. I certainly don't mind the manufacture making a dollar on us, just don't want them tp make two(aparently NuWa's position). What I would be concerned about is NuWa's CEO just upset because his units are overpriced or does he have valid points and is Heartland riping them off. Certainly has me thinking about the whole RV quality thing and even if quality suffers a little I still believe that all in all, RV's price per sq ft is a bargin condidering a 500 sq ft condo on the gulf of mexico rus 400k. By the way if my daughter and wife would live on a sailboat(allready told me NO!!!) I would probably find a simular situation within that industry as well. Steve

billd

Just goes to show you how some people are and react. Pretty low way to talk to the Nuwa owners.

Bill

FLSTS03

Another point if I may, construction products have ASTM nubmers that say that perticular product meets a certain minimum standard for that industry. What standards govern the RV industry? If none then a lot of problems exist from a industry with no ,min standards. Example, what if all frames and supports had to meet min hurricans/earthquake specs., everytime you run down a concrete slab @ 75 you are in a min hurricane shaking @ a 3.0. and at the very least a tropical storm.

Steve

BJ'sDad

I find it interesting he seems to think Heartland copied their floorplans when every RV manufacturer in the market has nearly identical floorplans. I wonder who they copied when they brought their models to the market?

Sounds to me more like "sales envy" and nothing more.

I looked at NuWa's, Heartland, Montana's, Mountaineers and Jayco when I was ready to buy, saw little difference in quality between any of them. Biggest difference was price and a dealer who was willing to make a deal.
That's why I bought a Heartland product.

It's amazing how one forum hears about what is going on over at a different forum.

I am a member of the NuWa Owners Forum. I've been a member here longer. My wife and I have been researching RV's for several years so that when we retired, we would be able to make a decision on which 5th wheel we would by to go full time in. This is how I ended up becoming a member here.

We looked at the Heartland line of 5th wheels and thought they were a nice looking trailer. Between not being able to find a floor plan that we liked which would give us enough CCC to live full time in and the fact that there were a lot of unhappy Heartland owners on the forum, we decided to look elsewhere. This is not designed to demean anyone's Heartland. I know there are good and bad models in every manufacturers output. I can only tell you what my impression was at the time. I actually received a few pm's from some who didn't want to say anything on the forum.

Anyway, in moving on, we eventually found the NuWa line of trailers which is what we plan to buy. I know that doesn't necessarily interest those who are here to talk about Heartlands. I just wanted to let everyone know that NuWa is the original 5th wheel manufacturer that all other companies that have come after have tried to emulate. Are NuWa's expensive? Yes. But you really do get what you pay for. I think anyone who really compares a Heartland Landmark and a NuWa Champagne can see the difference.

As far as Mike Mitchell's post complaining about Heartlands, I won't try to explain his reason for being upset. I will say that this is not his normal demeanor. He has been very open to the members of the forum as have another dozen or more of his subordinates and section managers. We have been very lucky. I don't think there is another CEO who is so available to his customers. Also, just so you know, NuWa has nothing to do with the forum other than being available to answer questions and help solve issues. The forum was started by three guys who owned NuWa's and they in fact turned down NuWa's offer to help in order to keep the forum what it was intended to be: A place for people who love RV's and just happen to have chosen NuWa to build their RV's

Well, I hope you are all happy with your Heartlands and have good luck with them. I'll go back to my side of the net. :cool:

Bryan Richardson

jbeletti

Hi all,

Just wanted to drop a quick note here to say that I am pleased with the civility displayed in this thread. I plan to leave the thread open so long as it remains civil. I find the thread here and on the NuWa site, very interesting.

At the end of the day, we here are RVers, not manufacturers. And out there in the campgrounds, RVers treat each other in a friendly manner, no matter what brand they own. We can continue to do the same online.

Thank you in advance for treating our friends coming over here from the NuWa forum with respect. Many of them are registering and reading in silence. Some of them may elect to post and that is just fine.

Thanks,

Jim

fishn2dmax

There is no question NuWa makes Great coaches! What I don't understand is a CEO that would publicly whine to his own customers about others manufacturers stealing their designs? Moreover, to imply that the industry suppliers are lowering their quality standards to meet price pressures is nothing new. Hello... Duhhhhh? Name one industry where suppliers are not being pressured on price points? As far as copying floorplans , well....take any ten 5th wheel manufacturers, look at the floorplans for equiv levels ( entry, mid and full time) and you'll see the majority of them all have similar or exact floorplans - There is just so much variation that can be done in such a small space.

I just don't understand why a company with a solid reputation like NuWa would have such a loose cannon as a CEO? As a "CEO" he should be focused on the merits and value of his product offerings and less worried about trashing Heartland ( and other) competitors. In his diatribe of Heartland, he served to validate his own insecurity and lack of confidence in his own company to compete in an increasingly tough market. If I was one of the NuWa company shareholders and / or investors, I would not be a happy camper with such reckless claims and lack of confidence coming from the "CEO".

Pulltab

fishn2dmax said:
There is no question NuWa makes Great coaches! What I don't understand is a CEO that would publicly whine to his own customers about others manufacturers stealing their designs? Moreover, to imply that the industry suppliers are lowering their quality standards to meet price pressures is nothing new. Hello... Duhhhhh? Name one industry where suppliers are not being pressured on price points? As far as copying floorfplans , well....take any ten 5th wheel manufacturers, look at the floorplans for equiv levels ( entry, mid and full time) and you'll see the majority of them all have similar or exact floorplans - There is just so much variation that can be done in such a small space.

I just don't understand why a company with a solid reputation like NuWa would have such a loose cannon as a CEO? As a "CEO" he should be focused on the merits and value of his product offerings and less worried about trashing Heartland ( and other) competitors. In his diatribe of Heartland, he served to validate his own insecurity and lack of confidence in his own company to compete in an increasinly tough market. If I was one of the NuWa company shareholders and / or investors, I would not be a happy camper with such reckless claims and lack of confidence coming from the "CEO".

Ditto! Fine statement. :)

katkens

I would like to thank " CampingCaptain " (Bryan) for his view. I would just say I felt insulted reading this posting on another competitors forum and even they were bewildered at some of the statements. I would have to agree NuWa makes a fine RV, looked at them but didn't buy for the same reasons I didn't buy any other brand. I can understand ones loyalty to there product but were all RV people and most of us really like and enjoy our rigs. I feel its wrong for any forum to bash other owners , especially when they have never owned the product ,is HeartLand perfect, no but then again I don't know one that is. I just have one question which I don't want answered but thought about: How would the NuWa forum members feel if this posting and comments were about there company,members and owners?..... Best of Travels to all.....Ken

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
Ken, I couldn't agree with you more. I am amazed that a CEO would openly and publicly trash a competitor. I can remember my older sisters sitting around the dinner table talking badly about some of their peers, and my mother asking them how they would like it if this were happening to them. I don't recall that type of conversation after that. lol I spent 10yrs, after my retirement from the Corps, as a full commission salesman. It was my experience that when you are preaching to the choir, this kind of tactic is usually well received, but for prospective buyers, all you usually do is turn a customer off. If you believe that your product is truly the best, it will sell itself on on its own merits. My wife and I spent close to a year, researching and looking at just about every 5th Wheel on the market. Did we find better quality units out there? Of course we did, and with a price to go with them. In the end, it came down to the most we could get for what we could afford. And Heartland was what we decided on. I picked up my Big Horn last friday. Unfortunately I didn't have the time to do as thorough of a PDI as I would have liked. But I have spent every available moment, since picking it up, going over every inch of my rig. I have to say that I am well pleased with what I have. The value for my dollar is definitely built into this unit. It appears that the NU-WA owners are as pleased with their homes as I am, and that is a good thing. I would hope that they would have the same respect for my choice and my home.

Last edited:

arisce

Jim Beletti said:
Hi all,

Just wanted to drop a quick note here to say that I am pleased with the civility displayed in this thread. I plan to leave the thread open so long as it remains civil. I find the thread here and on the NuWa site, very interesting.

At the end of the day, we here are RVers, not manufacturers. And out there in the campgrounds, RVers treat each other in a friendly manner, no matter what brand they own. We can continue to do the same online.

Thank you in advance for treating our friends coming over here from the NuWa forum with respect. Many of them are registering and reading in silence. Some of them may elect to post and that is just fine.

Thanks,

Jim
Bravo Jim.
I am proud of this forum and your management. I will not bash another product because it is unfair and childish. Everyone gets hurt with this kind of "mine is better than yours" attitude. Negativity only shows weakness and insecurity.
Once again Bravo. Keep up the good work. You are a good man.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
When we started looking for a new 5er, trying to replace our HR POS, Nuwa was one of the units we looked at first. And I have to say after going thru a dealer's entire inventory of Hitchhikers of all levels, I for one, was NOT impressed. For the money they wanted for those units, I would not have expected molding falling off the walls and slide faces, cabinetry that was not finished off underneath, etc.

We bought our Bighorn because we got a product, at least just as good, for a considerably lower price. Now I'm not gonna say we haven't had problems...we have. We're actually having a problem right now with our pin box, appears it may be cracked or broken. HOWEVER, Heartland and Lippert have again stepped right up and are taking care of us in a big way!

As long as they stand behind their product, accept responsibility for things done wrong, that's all we can ask for. NO ONE MAKES A PERFECT UNIT!!

Not even Nuwa...

Status
Not open for further replies.