Campgrounds in Frankenmuth, MI?

Carmenh

I'm going to take my first trip out in the Trailrunner in late May, to the Dog Bowl in Frankenmuth, Michigan. Does anyone have any suggestions for good campgrounds in the area?

Kbvols

We have stayed at the Jellystone in Frankenmuth. It is close proximity to the downtown area, across the street from Bronners Christmas shop. The park was ok sites close together, nice indoor pool, friendly staff. There is also an RV park approx 4 miles south of town Pine Ridge I believe is the name have never stayed there. Hope this helps. Frankenmuth is a fun little town,

jbeletti

X2 on the Jellystone. Stayed there for the first MI rally in 2008 (I think that was the year).

Not an amazing campground - but good enough and really handy location.

Rrloren

We have stayed at Pine Ridge Campground just a few miles from town in Birch Run. It was quite nice and much less expensive as I recall.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We stayed at the Pine Ridge CG for a couple of nights the first time we used our rig. It was early April and the park was almost empty and the weather turned crappy after we got set up, so we stayed inside. My general impression of the CG, though, is that it is very good. We live about 30 miles south of it.

Should you need service, there is a General RV Center a couple of miles away.

Carmenh

Thanks, we were looking at Pine Ridge, since it is quite a bit cheaper and all we need is water/electric, we won't be there to use any other facilities.

Kbvols

Glad to here you found a CG.. If you like pizza the Main Street tavern a little hole in the wall has good pizza and ice cold beer...