Shower floor

tljack

I have a 2013 RW 305 purchased in July of 2012. So far we have over 9000 miles on it have spent 16 weeks in it. We are overall very happy with our coach.

When we first took possesion of it we noticed that the floor in the bathroom and the shower floor had a lot of spring. Took it to the dealer to have them check things out. When we picked our RW up we were told that the floor was indeed not supported very well and that they had reinforced it. It feels nice and solid now. The shower floor still seems soft to us. I hesitate running to the dealer as it is there for sometime everytime we do that.

I am wondering if the shower floor is raised above the units floor and consequently has some give. Can anyone offer any ideas? If it is supposed to be like this, no problem. If not I will take it to the dealer.

Thanks you a head of time

Terry

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
As TC stated, I dont believe that it should move. If the floor pan is moving up and down...it could causing stress on the plumbing drain pipe. If you are still in warrenty....Call HL and ask if their is an indepentant repair place close to you. HL can authorize a repair for you and suggest one to use.

tljack

Thank you for the input. We will be home Sunday so will call dealer for an appointment Monday!!

Again, I appreciate your comments

Terry

Nt236

My 2012 prowler tt had a spongy shower floor as well. The salesman told us it was normal when we purchased it last june. Last week while on a 4 day trip I noticed water dripping out of the under belly. The shower drain had cracked and about 5 showers worth of water had collected in the insulation. It's currently at the dealer awaiting repairs. Unfortunalty I'm not a happy camper. No pun intended.

danemayer

Hi Nt236,

Welcome to the posting side of the Heartland Owners Forum. Sorry you're having a problem, but I'm sure the dealer can taken care of it and get you back to enjoying your trailer before too long.

ILH

I am wondering if the shower floor is raised above the units floor and consequently has some give. Can anyone offer any ideas? If it is supposed to be like this, no problem. If not I will take it to the dealer.

Thanks you a head of time

Terry

Hi Terry,

I would be interested to know what the dealer says. My RW is the same.

Sakkit

Likewise...my 415RW. We got it brand new, and I noticed a little bit of give in the shower floor. Normally this would alarm me if it was used, however I just assumed it was a manufacturer deal. I hope it is!!!

Sandpirate69

What was the outcome of your shower floor. During our weekend trip I felt something snap while showering. I'm going to get under there this week & check it out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

ParkIt

What was the outcome of your shower floor. During our weekend trip I felt something snap while showering. I'm going to get under there this week & check it out.
That wouldn't be good to hear, check underneath to make sure you aren't gathering water somewhere.
Another member here posted they put foam blocks underneath their pan and it seems to be holding up, its a thought if you feel it has too much flex when you step on it.