Bump on RV Corners

orlstgo

Hello:
Recently, my unit got repair at Heartland and got it back few weeks ago and now I am ready to camp.

While I was cleaning the camper and putting everything back, I noticed that, on each side - corner of the camper; there is some kind of bump. At first I thought that the problem that each wall had before the repairs were comming back. But these bumps are horizontal and visible when you look at them very close. Every corner has one, but the one on each corner in the front of the rv are a little more visible than the one in the back.

Is this something common on a camper after repairs? or is probably to much glue or siding? I had few post that describe the problem that my camper had and I am just afraid that the same problem is comming back.

I did send an email to customer service with some pictures just to make sure that this is something common and nothing to worry, but while I wait for their reply I wanted to see if anyone has these bumps in your units.

Other than that, I have to say that Heartland did a very good job with the repairs. Special thank to Jim and Erik.

Below two image, they have a black line that I added using a program to edit pictures to indicate the area where I am seeing these bumps, not how big the bumps are.

Thank you all

Front-Right Side.jpg Left-Front Side.jpg

Last edited:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Sorry to say, I can't detect anything in the pictures. It may be the camera angle but I don't see anything like a bump.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I can barely make out something in the first picture. If its not soft I wouldn't worry about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

orlstgo

I will try to get better pictures this weekend. These bumps are not soft, that is for sure. From a distance the kind of form an arc on each side in front of the camper.It might be a piece of wood with the fiberglass on top. I rather ask the expert to make sure that this is something that most camper have in common and not the begining of another issue.

orlstgo

Hello:
Here is a new picture. I tried my best to get it as clear as possible.
One is the original, the other is the same but with a black mark to show where and how long the bump is.

2013-03-01_07-14-15_597.jpg Marked area.jpg

orlstgo

Hi Bob: Last year, my camper had bumps forming on each wall of the unit. Heartland repaired all the walls. The bumps I am seeing now are thin and hard to see unless you are close and touch them. In the front side, they have an "arc"type of shape on both side. In the back they are straight. So I am thinking that the fiberglass wall is on top of some kind of structure (wood, aluminium) to attach the side wall with the front and end wall. But I wanted to check if someone else had something similar and to make sure that this is something that I don't need to worry about.